Main Menu

Nemo: The Roses of Berlin

Started by JOE SOAP, 24 October, 2013, 11:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

Fabarooney.  Now there's something to look forward too without fear of lens-flare.  If this is as good as Heart of Ice I'll be very happy indeed.

There do seem to be rather a lot of ageing male consorts and their brusquely efficient younger partners in LoEG...

Trout

Oh yes please! I really enjoyed Heart of Ice.

The Adventurer

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Davek

Is Heart of Ice that good? I passed as 1969 and Black Dossier totally turned me off LOEG.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

JOE SOAP

Professor Bear

Sold.  I do hope it has rape in it and uses other people's characters without asking their permission so the people who hate Moore will have something to latch onto, though.

Frank

Quote from: Professor Vundabar K Werewolf on 25 October, 2013, 02:26:44 PM
Sold.  I do hope it has rape in it and uses other people's characters without asking their permission so the people who hate Moore will have something to latch onto, though.

That's just Moore acknowledging the truth, universally accepted, that comics which don't feature recognised characters sell like Easter eggs in September, isn't it? It's only a slightly more sneaky version of his deciding to write Superman without DC's permission when he took over Supreme. Judging by the state of UK newsstands, Moore should be creating analogues of Ben 10 and Peppa Pig if he still harbours ambitions of earning a living from comics.

TordelBack

Quote from: sauchie on 25 October, 2013, 06:38:16 PMMoore should be creating analogues of Ben 10 and Peppa Pig if he still harbours ambitions of earning a living from comics.

Glycon speed those words from your keyboard to his mighty thatch!  I would pay serious money to read Alan Moore's In The Night Garden

Out on the ocean / far from land / a little raft / made from dead men's hands

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 25 October, 2013, 06:55:06 PM
I would pay serious money to read Alan Moore's In The Night GardenOut on the ocean / far from land / a little raft / made from dead men's hands

Arf! If Mick McMahon wants to draw it, they've got my £4.00 (!) every week - even without a nasty plastic toy attached to the cover.

Steve Green

Plastic toy Glycon finger puppet.

The Adventurer

QuoteIs Heart of Ice that good? I passed as 1969 and Black Dossier totally turned me off LOEG.

I enjoyed it a lot. More adventurous then recent LOEG, but also shorter.

But I enjoyed 1969 and 2009 quite a bit.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Zarjazzer

That cover alone makes me want to buy it. I found Heart of Ice very good indeed, looking forward to this.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.