Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Tjm86

Quote from: Funt Solo on 04 March, 2021, 11:37:07 PM
Quote from: Mister Pops on 04 March, 2021, 11:11:37 PM
Holy sweet fuckin' Jesus bright blue Christ there's an Ulster Scots version of the census

Ah'm probbly bein' awfae ignrant, bu'sn't thon just English written wie a phonetic accent?

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that someone with WAAAAAAY too much time on their hands is taking the piss!

That is superb!!!!!   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TordelBack

"Parotee o Astaim".

Mikey

Quote from: Tjm86 on 05 March, 2021, 09:38:14 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that someone with WAAAAAAY too much time on their hands is taking the piss!

That is superb!!!!!   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah, it's no. It's affishil awrayt. Thers buddies thit hink it's a lengwidge, wull say it is, cuz themins hae Eyrish an gawt a payle a munny fer teachin it an putin it oan bins an rohad saynes. It's aw aboot cultyer an party o isteem wuddn't ye know, as yer by Tordels sez but spelt it wrang. Whit these fockin glypes hink iz at it's moar Prod, even win aw the fowk tawk lik thaht dependin waur they're frae, no ther raligion. It's those yins thit thocht it soonded wile cooerse afore and wahntit fowk to soond mare Inglish an aw. An it's differnt in differnt payerts uh the country onywey. Nae doot the way me ma an er famly spoke is differnt tuh thon buddies frae Awntrum ur doon the low country, so meebe yiz dinnae even unnerstan this av wrawt doon!

It'd gie ye the dry boke.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

TordelBack

Howdy Mikey, good to see you around! 

Mikey

Howdy TB! It's been quite a while since I last showed up, but as I'm almost back up to date on the Prog thought I'd pop back, see what's going on.

Link Prime

Quote from: TordelBack on 05 March, 2021, 11:02:59 AM
Howdy Mikey, good to see you around!

T'is.

I hear you Nordies have had a bit of trouble importing Tetley's Bitter this year for some reason.
Every cloud, eh?

TordelBack

Quote from: Mikey on 05 March, 2021, 12:08:37 PM
...thought I'd pop back, see what's going on.

We're ranked No. 1 for ranking stuff these days, so there's that!

Mikey

Quote from: Link Prime on 05 March, 2021, 12:10:47 PM

T'is.

I hear you Nordies have had a bit of trouble importing Tetley's Bitter this year for some reason.
Every cloud, eh?

You, sir, are obsessed with my imbibement of said beer. For the last time:

There. Was. No. Smithwicks.

But you can get Tetley's shipped to Norn OK as long as you pay the extras. Or so I've been told  :-X

JayzusB.Christ

I've just read Pete Brown's book about brewing a keg of IPA and taking it to India by ship. I'd always thought Bass was an Irish beer that was more popular North of the border, like Harp. I know nowt
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Fuck I'd love a pint of Bass.

Actually I'd settle for a pint of piss, or even Tennants, if I could drink it in a pub.
You may quote me on that.

Dandontdare

Interesting piece on people who claim to have magna carta or common-law rights - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/56295261

JayzusB.Christ

I was painting a T-Rex on a wall yesterday and started looking into dinosaurs - things have changed drastically since the days of Satanus and Bloodfang.  I already knew adult tyrannosaurs walked horizontally, not vertically, and had feathers (which I'd originally thought Pat Mills made up for that Flesh story painted by Carl Critchlow), but I didn't know a baby one (probably) looked like this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=baby+t-rex&sxsrf=ALeKk02fqWummvMMJyqe2E-7DytZskD3Og:1615639373702&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi8kdHXpa3vAhVwUBUIHRmGAnYQ_AUoAXoECAkQAw&biw=1280&bih=591#imgrc=BcmhX4rVIPsPuM

Also, all birds are considered non-extinct dinosaurs by paleontologists. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Oh it's almost certain now most late Cretaceous therapods looked like giant chickens.
People say this is lame. These people where never been chased by a randy angry Cockerel as a child. Those things are TERRIFYING.

Mikey

Yeah, even though I've been down with the feathers for a good number of years, it's still hard to shake the images of baldy dinos hanging out around a volcano, doing a bunch of baldy dino stuff.

When my nephew was a toddler and just learning to speak he once pointed to a pic of some theropod and said 'bird!'. His granda corrected him, then I corrected his granda - who refused to accept it!