Main Menu

Judge Dredd Bolland Poster for sale

Started by Kev Levell, 06 December, 2017, 04:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev Levell

Hi All,
I haven't been here in a while. So sorry if this seems a bit mercenary.
I've got a copy of the huge and very rare Brian Bolland Judge Dredd poster from the 80s. It's about 5' tall.

If I've remembered right, it was only available in the old Forbidden Planet in Denmark St.
I have an eBay listing here. I'm asking £200 as that's what a couple of these have sold for recently but I'd do a deal here if any of you real fans want it. Please do read the listing for condition.

Woolly

Sigh... If I had the money...

That said, I've always wanted to add another foot to the height of that poster and add some length to Dredd's legs.
He does look a bit... short  :-\

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Kev Levell

I've also got an extremely rare style guide from the 90s. It's chock full of stuff, but the main draw will be the seldom seen art by the maestro Cliff Robinson.

The listing's here. Again, please check out the listing for details and again, I'm asking for £200...
I'm very much open to offers from anyone here, and if I've met you in meat space, I'm likely to do a real deal for you.

Link Prime

Not my bag, but it is really nice.

It'd make a decent Turin Shroud for the missing-in-action Commando Forces.

Kev Levell

Finally, I have a nice run of the "Judge Death Lives" story line.

Listing is here
I'm asking £65 for the set, but again, make me an offer here via PM and help me avoid eBay fees and I'll do a deal! All prices are inclusive of P&P (2nd Class signed for).

Just trying to raise some funds for Christmas. All offers appreciated, so don't be shy, I won't bite!

Quote from: Woolly on 06 December, 2017, 06:19:55 PM
Sigh... If I had the money...

That said, I've always wanted to add another foot to the height of that poster and add some length to Dredd's legs.
He does look a bit... short  :-\
I think it's the body and shoulders that are stumpy... but I think he drew it at size, so it's a fairly impressive piece of work, it's fabulously detailed art.
Just look at the scan I took of the head:

I'd drop at least 10% to avoid eBay, fwiw.

sheridan

I saw it (and the Judge Death poster) in Fantasy World in Stoke on Trent, so it wasn't an FB exclusive (of course, Fantasy World, or its successor finally became yet another Forbidden Planet, as seems to happen to most independent comic shop from the 1980s - ACE in Colchester also appears to have gone down that path).

Kev Levell

Anyone interested if they were at least 15% cheaper?
£170 ovno (inc. P&P) for the poster.
£170 ovno (inc. P&P) for the style guide.
...and a bit more of a discount on the progs?
£50 ovno (inc. P&P)
Members who have been registered here for more than a month only though please.

Kev Levell

Bump.
I would really like to sell these and get them to whoever wants them before Christmas. I had priced them using eBay's sold listings and that might possibly have been a mistake or led to unrealistic expectations. However, I'm reluctant to let them go for a lot less, so I've got a final offer for anyone that might be interested.
I'd accept:
Poster: £150
Guide: £140
Progs: £40
Those prices include 2nd class 'signed for' P&P. Open to all here. £5 off each if you want to collect in person, I'm in Cambridgeshire.

Judgedreddrocks

There was also a smaller, Walter the Robot one done, I think.

Kev Levell

Last chance for a "before" Christmas delivery. Anyone interested? Make me an offer?

Kev Levell

Poster has gone!
As it's Christmas and everything, how about the style guide for £100 and the progs for £30? Postage will be £2.90 second class small parcels.

gronk guy

Quote from: Judgedreddrocks on 13 December, 2017, 07:27:13 PM
There was also a smaller, Walter the Robot one done, I think.

There was:
Judge Dredd
Judge Death
DR & Quinch
Nemesis
Chopper
Walter the Robot
Halo

Kev Levell

Anyone interested in making me an offer on the style guide? I've just dropped the price to £100 inc. P&P.
However, I would have to pay 10% of the final sale amount to them for the listing so, if any of you are interested in doing a deal here, I'd be very happy to accept something around £90.

Kev Levell

Style guide now down at £59.95 with free P&P for anyone that's interested.