Main Menu

Glasgow Comic Con 2019

Started by Satanist, 19 April, 2019, 12:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satanist

I finally decided to buy a ticket but aint bringing the weans to ensure I can goto pub.

So whos in and then out?
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Fungus

Yeah go on then.

But can it top the mighty Paisley con last week?  :P
(Answer: probably)

flip-r mk2

Going at the moment, but it will depend on my new job (start train conductor training on the 29th of this month)

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Dredd Head

Just a question Satanist. It's my first con this year and I'm taking my 7 year old daughter with me. Is their enough for kids that age to keep her occupied.Also any news of anyone from the galaxys greatest attending?

Satanist

Quote from: Dredd Head on 19 April, 2019, 11:26:23 PM
Just a question Satanist. It's my first con this year and I'm taking my 7 year old daughter with me. Is their enough for kids that age to keep her occupied.Also any news of anyone from the galaxys greatest attending?

In my experience there's not much for wee ones. There is an area for them to draw and design characters and sometimes various workshops. They've had facepainting in the past and your daughter may like seeing all the cosplayers.

Al Ewing is there & John Wagner has been a regular last few years but not confirmed this year so far. Its worth signing up to their twitter as more reliable than the website.

Tiplodocus

I've stuck it in my diary so as to give myself plenty of time to pull out.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Once again, I am on holiday. Bah.
Lock up your spoons!

Satanist

The Enigmatic Dr X

I blame the schools, and the parents
Lock up your spoons!

Proudhuff

I had firmly ruled this out, but an now ambiguous,  do they have a bar this year?
would be happy to come through for a pint nearby, but the Con is IMHO a bit half ersed and I really didn't like the layout in the Concert Hall.
Any sign of Butt'Man coming?  :o   
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Not exactly a damming endorsement....
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

I'm in the 'definitely maybe ' camp. I agree the Con doesn't have too much for the 2000ad centric punter although last time I had Grant and Wagner to myself for half an hour and forgot to ask just about every question of worth. He did tell me about the Buttonman rights reverting back after JJ Abrams let them lapse but that was about it. He did sign my Big Book of Martyrs though and said it was a 'gun for hire' gig.

If it's a look in and and go to the pub affair I'm up for the pub bit.

Fungus

Quote from: Buttonman on 26 May, 2019, 07:53:59 PM
If it's a look in and and go to the pub affair I'm up for the pub bit.

Not far off (the con and your prediction).

I looked it up for Panel info the other day and found nothing. If they don't promise some Post-Structural Comics chinwag at 10am I may head over later for a change. And the pub bit.

Proudhuff

aye, I'm not going to use one of my few Saturday shift swaps to go to this, unfortunately nothing comic related in the BookFest this year either...

Looks like its Christmas or bust this year for the Jockward squad  :wave:
DDT did a job on me

Fungus

Booooo!!!!!!

I'm now seeing an Ian Kennedy panel - nice - but it's not looking great otherwise. And balloon animals you can find any day of the week in Buchanan St. With a big push we might get this thread onto page 2 ...  :|