Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Quote from: Skullmo on 18 May, 2015, 12:32:06 PM
Quote from: Spikes on 18 May, 2015, 11:34:40 AM
Quote from: Skullmo on 17 May, 2015, 10:09:37 PM
Quote from: Spikes on 16 May, 2015, 09:29:53 AM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 May, 2015, 05:07:58 PM
Day of Chaos will presumably also get two books apiece.

Would dearly love to see the DoC collected into a single volume.
And with the Michael Carroll 'Downtime' episode re-instated.

In terms of page count, its the longest Dredd epic, but if Block Mania/Apocalypse War can fit into a single release...

. . . You already know it's going to be in 2 books!

Do I?

Remember . . . . the discussion about the covers? In the pub??

Yes, I remember that. Didn't realise it was for two books, though.
Hope that means it's not a straight reprinting of the existing trades. Keen to read the Dead Zone tale from the Meg. Be nice to have that included.

Bat King

Quote from: Skank on 21 May, 2015, 10:44:46 PM
Quote from: The monarch on 21 May, 2015, 09:19:07 PM
I read in your blog about the next one. I find it kinda odd they are starting with the second story rather than the first

Im guessing this is so they can put Our man in Hondo out along with the first Shimura stuff to begin the Hondo City stuff.

Yes it was an interesting choice...

I'm not sure how well Our Man From Hondo will sit with the Shimura stuff. But yes it could be in there.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Skank

Quote from: Bat King on 23 May, 2015, 03:58:42 AM
Quote from: Skank on 21 May, 2015, 10:44:46 PM
Quote from: The monarch on 21 May, 2015, 09:19:07 PM
I read in your blog about the next one. I find it kinda odd they are starting with the second story rather than the first

Im guessing this is so they can put Our man in Hondo out along with the first Shimura stuff to begin the Hondo City stuff.

Yes it was an interesting choice...

I'm not sure how well Our Man From Hondo will sit with the Shimura stuff. But yes it could be in there.

I seem to remember Sadu getting a brief mention at some point in the first story so it may make some continuity sense at least. 

SuperSurfer

Massive backlog of graphic novels and a few floppies to catch up on. Today I finished reading Shamballa. Really blown away by it. For me, the stories in this volume get progressively better and better. Amazed by the twists and turns in R*volution. I actually forgot or didn't realise just how good an artist Ranson is. Not a case of which is the best, but so far I enjoyed this book in the series the most.

I am seeing the Mega Collection less and less in newsagents. I think the usual routine is that these kinds of collections disappear from the shelves of the big newsagent chains. If that is the case and if comics shops don't stock it, I will certainly subscribe.

Skank

I asked on the facebook page and apparently the next book is Day of Chaos: Fourth Faction

robert_ellis

That's great news! Wonder what else will be in to make up the page count?

Spikes

Quote from: Skank on 27 May, 2015, 02:15:03 PM
I asked on the facebook page and apparently the next book is Day of Chaos: Fourth Faction

Nice one! Looking forward to seeing the DoC come out in the Mega collection. If it's 2 books, and that would seem to be the case, then I guess there wouldn't be a long gap before they released the 2nd?  So, Endgame to follow directly after Fourth Faction?

Skank

I imagine its just gonna be the first half of Day of Chaos, starting with Nadia and probably ending sometime around the point P.J Maybe comes into play.

Skullmo

Picked up Shimura today - very nice! No idea why they did not start with book 1 though
It's a joke. I was joking.

Magnetica

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 25 May, 2015, 11:13:07 PM
I am seeing the Mega Collection less and less in newsagents. I think the usual routine is that these kinds of collections disappear from the shelves of the big newsagent chains. If that is the case and if comics shops don't stock it, I will certainly subscribe.

Yes I have noticed that too. I was wondering how well it is selling generally - hopefully well enough to continue to the end?

The Monarch

Apparently its gonna be in a hondo city justice collection down the line

robert_ellis

I liked Shimura but it's very heavy going in places. When the Simon Fraser art kicks in the book finds a new gear. I've always loved Duke Mighten's work - especially his Accident Man from the Toxic days. I wish he'd found a strip more suited to his style - I think his work was always distinctive & very imaginative. I really feel he has the individuality of a Kevin O'Neill - love his gaming designs now. Colin MacNeil's b&w stuff is stunning but I often found bits of the story confusing. I think the series would benefit from more Dredd of at least Dredd every other issue.

Boo

Here's my review: http://www.sidekickcast.com/judge-dredd-mega-collection-10-shimura/

TLDR as a relative noob and one who hasn't come across any Shimura stories before, this one was a bit of a struggle for me...
Intrepid Book Correspondent for GeekPlanetOnline and comic reviewer for Sidekickcast

@bookiesnacksize on the Twitter

Skullmo

"For me, this is the most disappointing entry in the Judge Dredd Mega Collection so far, which is perhaps a mark of how high the bar 2000AD has set itself is."

But!! The Heavy Mob!!

I thought Shimura was confusing, but I think that Robbie Morrison's first few stories are rather confusing. He becomes excellent later.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Boo

Quote from: Skullmo on 28 May, 2015, 09:25:11 PM
"For me, this is the most disappointing entry in the Judge Dredd Mega Collection so far, which is perhaps a mark of how high the bar 2000AD has set itself is."

But!! The Heavy Mob!!

Ha! Yeah, point taken - I said for me Shimura's the most disappointing as I didn't have to review The Heavy Mob, me and Kudos have taken turns reviewing the Mega Collection and he got that one ;)
Intrepid Book Correspondent for GeekPlanetOnline and comic reviewer for Sidekickcast

@bookiesnacksize on the Twitter