Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

JamesC

Hawkmumbler

I might have had a few drinks by this point.

TordelBack

I go to look at the comments under the Guardian article, feeling the whole thing is silly, crass and contrived, and come away a minute later thinking there just aren't enough of these heavy-handed statements.

Theblazeuk

Next issue: Frank Castle returns to Riverdale....

Hawkmumbler

Amazon fucking me over. I ordered two volumes of D.Gray-Man to be delivered while I was away. The system for some reason doubled my order and charged me thus. Now, even if I get my refund, i'll be charged for returning the items. Time I switched to Wordery for all orders I think.

Goaty

There some films that shouldn't be re-make or sequels but sadly Fight Club will having comic sequel. The film is so awesome but it don't really need sequel.

'Fight Club' Is Getting A Comic-Book Sequel
Chuck Palahniuk will create 10-issue comic series.

You DO NOT talk about "Fight Club." Thankfully, Chuck Palahniuk will be breaking that cardinal rule with his highly-anticipated sequel, "Fight Club 2."

According to USA Today, the author will collaborate with interior artist Cameron Stewart and cover artist David Mack to create a 10-issue comic maxiseries for Dark Horse Comics.

The comic series will bring back the book's central characters, the unnamed narrator, Marla Singer and Tyler Durden, and will explore the narrator failing his 9-year old son Junior in the same way that his father failed him.

"The original book was such a tirade against fathers — everything I had thought my father had not done combined with everything my peers were griping about their fathers," Palahniuk told USA Today. "Now to find myself at the age that my father was when I was trashing him made me want to revisit it from the father's perspective and see if things were any better and why it repeats like that."

The sequel featuring bare-knuckle brawls and romanticized anarchy was birthed at last year's Comic-Con in New York.

"I messed up and said I was doing the sequel in front of 1,500 geeks with telephones," Palahniuk said. "Suddenly, there was this big scramble to honor my word."

"Fight Club 2″ will hit stores on April 8, 2015.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1874523/fight-club-2-comics/

shaolin_monkey

Is it a sequel to his book?  or the film?  The book was superb, the film less so, but still excellent.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Goaty on 23 July, 2014, 11:54:26 AM
There some films that shouldn't be re-make or sequels but sadly Fight Club will having comic sequel. The film is so awesome but it don't really need sequel.

Don't buy it.

Problem solved.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Link Prime

Getting back to the Raison d'être of this thread (extreme reaction to seemingly innocuous topics)- The new Heineken advert annoys the hell outta me.

Yeah, yeah I know the sentiment is correct. It just makes me want to vomit.
Kinda like the insipid, bland and bafflingly popular beer itself.

http://www.theheinekencompany.com/media/features/dance-more-drink-slow

Theblazeuk

My theory on Heineken's popularity and the rest of its ilk is akin to Mark Kermode's theory of blockbusters v indy movies.

Still better than Fosters.

Dandontdare

the drinks advert that is really bugging me at the moment is that "fantastic girls" one that was all over the world cup. Don't know why, just find that song immensely irritating.

Grugz

barbers. my hair was finally getting a decent length (sort of like petey's in my avatar) as ive been trying to grow it out for a while ,the back was getting a bit wooly so I went to get a trim the words" not too much off the length just a trim to tidy it up a bit" obviously meant go at me with a number four and ignore everything I just said .but thankfully he didn't get to the top before I stopped him ,I had to trim the top and front myself just to make it halfway decent to blend in .

I hate short hair with a vengeance and have  a big face wich makes it look worse so I may have to grow a beard now to hide a bit of the big moon face while it hopefully grows back however flippin long that takes  >:(
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

The Doctor Alt 8

Get a wig young man!

It's cheaper in the long run.

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html