Main Menu

Mad Max - Fury Road

Started by Colin YNWA, 30 June, 2012, 06:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: blackmocco on 25 September, 2015, 03:01:24 PM
So, this mysterious Black and Chrome version indeed exists, but was predictably enough, hauled down by Warner Bros.

Predictably enough it was created by a fan.

"Thank you for liking, sharing, and watching BLACK & CHROME. This is it for now. Your response has truly shown what the joy of movies is about. Hopefully, the right person(s) will have WITNESSED this and we can look forward to an official version of Mad Max: Fury Road in black and white. The film has lived, and has died, but can it live again?"

https://blackandchrome.wordpress.com/2015/09/23/17/

blackmocco

Yeah, figured it wouldn't last long. Someone managed to acquire me a copy of it and it's been on a loop since.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

ming

Quote from: blackmocco on 25 September, 2015, 10:06:44 PM
Yeah, figured it wouldn't last long. Someone managed to acquire me a copy of it and it's been on a loop since.

I hope that (or something very similar) gets a legit release somehow...  If George wants it to be seen that way, it'd be nice if he could find a way to make it happen.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: ming on 28 September, 2015, 08:59:08 AM
I hope that (or something very similar) gets a legit release somehow...  If George wants it to be seen that way, it'd be nice if he could find a way to make it happen.

Pretty sure there's supposed to be a B&W (although not dialogue-free) version on the blu-ray, isn't there...?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ming

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 September, 2015, 09:14:37 AM

Pretty sure there's supposed to be a B&W (although not dialogue-free) version on the blu-ray, isn't there...?

Cheers

Jim

Looking around, it seems that the Black and White version is being held back for some kind of special edition release.  Fingers crossed, then.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2NZ3GPZXGQFWO/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00XQ13ZSO&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=2625373011&store=movies-tv

Colin YNWA

This is out on DVD (and Blueray for you posh types) on Monday. Apologies if this has been discussed already (not noticed, but then...) but I'm really looking forward to seeing how it transfers to the small screen. I regret seeing it only once at the cinema (though given how often I get to the cinema to see a movie that don't involve either Princesses or animated animals that's still not bad going) as I'm a little nervous as to how it will live up to the widescreen, totally immersive experience that you get there, when placed on my telly, which is nice and all but ain't going to compare.

I suspect some folk here will have seen it on a small screen (well modern tellies are hardly that!), by the power of some magic I don't understand and was wondering if that is the case how it hold up?

A good film is still a good film, but this one used its medium so very well.

blackmocco

Cheers

Jim

You can always turn the color down on the telly...! (Yeah, Miller wanted it on there but I guess he lost that battle.)

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

blackmocco

Quote from: ming on 28 September, 2015, 10:09:51 AM

Cheers

Jim

Looking around, it seems that the Black and White version is being held back for some kind of special edition release.  Fingers crossed, then.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2NZ3GPZXGQFWO/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00XQ13ZSO&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=2625373011&store=movies-tv

I'd be a little wary of this comment, Ming, only because Miller has been adamant there's no such version of a director's cut and that the finished movie is exactly the cut he's happy with. Warners may well do one without his blessing (it happens) but I would hope we at least see the b/w one he wanted. (The Black & Chrome one still has a sound fx channel attached, even if the soundtrack beautifully overpowers that when it kicks in but I'd be curious to see it with soundtrack only. In a perfect world, it would be glorious to see any extended dialog shots cut down to expressions and body language only, to REALLY sell the "lost silent movie" experience.)

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

I, Cosh

You'll all be fascinated to learn that this is the first Blu-Ray I've ever bought. Got it during the week and just about to find out if it works.
We never really die.

Richmond Clements

Goaty

Citi-Def_Joe

I watched the extras on the blu ray this weekend, (a series of "making of" features that last around an hour and half in total the  longest "Maximum Fury: Filming Fury Road " being just under 30 mins)while they are not super immersive  they are certainly solid and give a great insight in to just how in depth the production of the movie and the design in particular went, there is so much detail in the vehicles that are barely glipmsed on screen.

I cant wait to get the art of book

Those vehicle are just glorious, total works of art and engineering

Judge Nutmeg

wonder if there will be more expanded edition down the line

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 27 October, 2015, 09:36:17 PM
wonder if there will be more expanded edition down the line

Not sure it needs it?

Anyway watched it again on telly and while, yeah I kinda wished I'd seen it again at the cinema and yeah I wished I'd kept my surround sound etc etc but none of that, none of it took away from the film. Its brilliant and loses nothing from the diminishing of the watching rig. In fact the slightly annoying habit of stopping and reviewing things is great. Yeah it kinda took away from one of the films key features, its relentless pace and dynamic lean storytelling, but it helped me dig out bits I'd missed, unearth bits that had roared past me at first viewing. Which might sound a problem, but it,, like the best entertainment, the best comics, makes you want to go back to it as you know you'll get more each time. And ya know what, the minute it finished this second viewing I wanted to go back and watch it again.

Can't think of anything better I can say about it than that.