Main Menu

Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Thread

Started by radiator, 26 April, 2019, 04:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Professor Bear on 10 May, 2019, 01:06:51 AM
Third takeaway: nothing you do to the past matters because timey wimey stuff, and now that we have established this, Captain America it is very important you return the stones to their exact time and place in history because of causality and uhhhh stuff.

That wasn't my takeaway — the stones have to go back to keep Bruce's promise to the Ancient One not to fork her timeline into an altogether darker future. (Quite why that future for her is different from the present timeline for Bruce, Cap, and everyone else is a little more... umm... look! Over there! Squirrel!)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jim_Campbell

More importantly, I think: when Thanos snapped his fingers, half of all the yoghurt in existence simply vanished. Did 50% of all the pots disappear, or did all the pots suddenly contain 50% less yoghurt? What happened when all that yoghurt suddenly came back? Won't somebody think of the yoghurt?!

Professor Bear

Taking your argument to its logical conclusion, did half of the jizz disappear from men's balls leaving them with one scrote full of ash?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Professor Bear on 10 May, 2019, 12:25:36 PM
Taking your argument to its logical conclusion, did half of the jizz disappear from men's balls leaving them with one scrote full of ash?

I'm pretty sure yoghurt and sperm aren't the same thing... but I'd assume that since everyone non-snapped didn't rapidly become ill due to the disappearance of 50% of their stomach bacteria, zapping 50% of all stomach bacteria out of existence was clearly considered as covered by zapping 50% of their host organisms. Presumably the same with sperm...

However, since Groot disappeared, why didn't 50% of the plants?

Tiplodocus

Because [spoiler]I am Groot[/spoiler]
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Theblazeuk

I recommend if you haven't already, googling "Thanos" then clicking on the infinity gauntlet on the right hand side of the search results.

Robin Low

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 10 May, 2019, 12:42:37 PM
However, since Groot disappeared, why didn't 50% of the plants?

I'm guessing Thanos was specifically thinking of sapient lifeforms, since they're the ones that cause all the trouble.

Loved the film, although the time travel shenanigans doesn't hold up to any kind of scrutiny (further viewings might yield some elegant fanwank, though more likely a sprained wrist with little to show for it). Anyone who feels Black Widow was a bit hard done by probably has a fair point, but I did like that she outfought Hawkeye.

Regards,

Robin

Tiplodocus

Plus anyway, when you snap away half of the universe, their kids and gut bacteria go with them. So already half is gone.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

IndigoPrime

Just saw it with Mrs IP. Her review: meh. She says she might be done with these movies. I kind of felt the same. It just felt so soulless to me, and was afflicted with the same issues as GoT right now. Some characters had plot armour (or, more accurately, contract/sequel armour), which resulted in few surprises.

I enjoyed: much of the first half; some of the one-liners; anything with Rocket; it felt like I was watching a comic miniseries.

I didn't like: seeing that same dull CGI battle of heroes vs anonymous aliens yet again; Black Widow being killed off (but then Clint has New Series Coming Soon armour, and so I knew what would happen there); Stark's kid growing up without a dad; the bizarre way in which Captain Marvel was handled.

I was baffled by: that "she's got help" bit that seemed like a desperate attempt by Marvel to say "no, look, we DO have female characters", despite having basically written out one at the start, killed another, and left BIG chunks of the film as a man fest.

I guess I just prefer the smaller movies now. Ah well – it was a night out at least, and it's not like we get many of those these days.