Main Menu

UNDT Round 1 - Mythical (Villains)

Started by Colin YNWA, 31 July, 2020, 07:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddykafka

Tjm86

Quote from: Magnetica on 31 July, 2020, 03:17:21 PM
Elfric. If only for the way he can separate his body to dodge swipes of your sword.

Sorry for being pedantic here but isn't Elfric the character from Moorcock's work while Elric (sans 'f') is the character from Mills'?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Magnetica on 31 July, 2020, 03:11:26 PM
I'm just utterly speechless....one of the core people on the Forum...hasn't read the Stainless Steel Rat...ok fair enough....but not read Zenith as well?

All I can say is, get them...they are top thrills.

Well, gosh, I'm flattered!

Both thrills have historically been reprint-lite, and I don't really do digital comics!
@jamesfeistdraws

Magnetica

Quote from: Tjm86 on 31 July, 2020, 06:52:29 PM
Quote from: Magnetica on 31 July, 2020, 03:17:21 PM
Elfric. If only for the way he can separate his body to dodge swipes of your sword.

Sorry for being pedantic here but isn't Elfric the character from Moorcock's work while Elric (sans 'f') is the character from Mills'?

I don't mind a bit of pedantry, but it's important to be accurate...and no I don't think that's right. I'm pretty sure, like 99.9999999% certain, it's Elfric (with an "f") in Slaine. Google reckons it's "Elric" in Moorcock's work (no "f").

Magnetica

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 31 July, 2020, 07:15:38 PM
Quote from: Magnetica on 31 July, 2020, 03:11:26 PM
I'm just utterly speechless....one of the core people on the Forum...hasn't read the Stainless Steel Rat...ok fair enough....but not read Zenith as well?

All I can say is, get them...they are top thrills.

Well, gosh, I'm flattered!

Both thrills have historically been reprint-lite, and I don't really do digital comics!

Fair enough....no criticism intended. And yes they have been very hard to get hold of. I made sure I snapped up the "recent" Zenith hardbacks, but I was motivated as it's in my top five or six 2000AD stories.

rogue69

Bolt-01

The Lord Weird Slough Feg and Masterman.

sheridan

As somebody who has a shelf full of Michael Moorcock books and all the Sláine stories, I can confirm it's Elric in the Eternal Champion stories and Elfric in Sláine.

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Colin YNWA

These mists of time are cicling the bog of myth and the cello of eerie music raises... or summit. Look this one is closing in the morning so get ya votes on.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED - Still enchant those enchants to these servants of the Elder Gods.

This was rapidly turned into a three horse summoning as Ethan Kostabi decide a Greatest Hits album was much more fun than all this servant of the dark lords nonsense.

Then early leader Elfric got something in his third eye and quickly fell away. Leaving the field clear and the lords weird as

Slough Feg

Celebrated victory with a curious naked dance and

Masterman (Lloigor)

made quite sure the occult nazi didn't miss out on the second round as runner up.