Main Menu

The definitive copyright thread

Started by sheridan, 11 August, 2016, 10:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

the judge dredd pinball machine williams made is definatly on throwbacks arcade pinball collection....

I know this because i actually bought it just for that pinball table  :D

Also holy crap the black knight pinball themes catchy as hell

sheridan

Quote from: Spaceghost on 21 February, 2017, 03:40:52 PM
I'd love to see some 2000 AD board games, rather than role playing games. Anything along those lines in the offing?
I'd like to see board games and role playing games (in the meantime I have my copies of Judge Dredd, Rogue Trooper, Block Mania and Mega-Mania looming over me (they're stacked on top of a bookshelf - which itself contains Judge Dredd the RPG (from Games Workshop), Judge Dredd the RPG (based on D20), Judge Dredd the RPG (based on Traveller), Slaine the RPG and Strontium Dog the RPG.  There's also a few JD the Card Game cards there as well - but don't mention that to any of the art droids who contributed artwork).

Professor Bear

Frank

Quote from: Professor Bear on 25 September, 2017, 01:27:16 PM
Time UK up for sale.

Not sure many Squaxx share Freeman's desire for Rebellion to revive the old characters, but buying the rest of the IPC catalogue seems like a good way to hide all that horrible Sniper Elite cash from HMRC.

IndigoPrime

I think it's pretty amazing Rebellion are buying all this stuff. I feel happier with the Kingsleys safeguarding British comics history than pretty much anyone else. If they bought the comics bits of Time, too, I can't see that as being anything but positive.

Smith

I think Rebellion is interested,but it all comes down to money,I guess.

sheridan

I'd like to see a collected Bloodfang (basically Flesh, but appearing in Eagle) though I suspect it's owned by Dan Dare Corporation rather than Time UK :-(

Professor Bear

I don't think Dan Dare Corp actually have much use for non Dan Dare content from Eagle - they've pretty much nailed their colours to the mast with the name of their company.  A publisher could probably swing a deal to reprint some of the other strips.

Greg M.

I (and I suspect many others) live in hope of a complete Doomlord.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Professor Bear on 29 September, 2017, 10:01:06 AMI don't think Dan Dare Corp actually have much use for non Dan Dare content from Eagle - they've pretty much nailed their colours to the mast with the name of their company.  A publisher could probably swing a deal to reprint some of the other strips.
They also seem to be a bit more media savvy these days. I approached them one time to try and get image permission rights for a feature on Computer Warrior, and got threatened with legal action, which was, to put it politely, a surprise. When I tried again a few years later, sanity prevailed – although by that point, interest in the feature had waned and it never actually happened. Perhaps one day.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 29 September, 2017, 12:06:38 AM
I'd like to see a collected Bloodfang (basically Flesh, but appearing in Eagle) though I suspect it's owned by Dan Dare Corporation rather than Time UK :-(

Yep intrigued by that one.
Quote from: Greg M. on 29 September, 2017, 11:58:22 AM
I (and I suspect many others) live in hope of a complete Doomlord.

You know my dreams.

sheridan

How many Doomlord collections has Hibernia ever released?

JOE SOAP

Dash Decent

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 25 September, 2017, 04:05:18 PM
I think it's pretty amazing Rebellion are buying all this stuff. I feel happier with the Kingsleys safeguarding British comics history than pretty much anyone else. If they bought the comics bits of Time, too, I can't see that as being anything but positive.

^This, though they may be keeping their funds/financing earmarked for the MC1 TV project.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Smith

Maybe not the best place to ask,but anyway - Warrior.I know whats with Miracleman and V,but who owns the rest?Still Dez or did everything went to Image?