Main Menu

Info on 2 Judges

Started by Cassandra Anderson, 21 August, 2007, 01:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

worldshown

Herman Sherman (aka the Kneepad Kid) had paper lungs.

Portrait of a Citizen Under Suspicion : Judge Dredd Annual 1984

worldshown

Thinking about it, as this was the story that introduced us to Judge Sladek, isn't his 20 years on Titan due up soon. Or was he killed off in Inferno.

Richard

He wasn't in Inferno, and he was due out last year.

soggy

Dredd and Anderson (and all Judges) are not allowed to have sex or any sort of romantic relationship (but Anderosn broke this rule with a bad guy called Orlok).

I thought it was said somewhere that there was more leeway given to the Psi Judges on account of them all being just that little bit nutty anyway.

Jim_Campbell

Pretty sure that Ennis made reference to Chopper having a paper lung as part of his efforts to convince that he didn't die at the end of Supersurf 11. Except, of course, we all know that he did.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

johnnystress

2000ad review mentions then paper lungs here:

"an organ legging ring bust that seems painfully routine. You have to wonder why such an enterprise is needed, in a future no doubt replete with lab grown organs as well as the paper lungs that Dredd himself has."

I seem to remember he got them after one of the epics, like The Apocalypse War or something?

Link: http://www.2000adreview.co.uk/reviews/2007/2000ad_1548_review.shtml" target="_blank">Today on Blue Peter we will be making...

Richard

Oh for god's sake. How TF could LUNGS be made of PAPER????!!!

They are "bionic" or "carbon fibre," according to the stories. Get over it.

TordelBack

Um, worldshown just cited the actual source of the "paper lungs", slydog Sladek's very own Kneepad Kid a few posts ago, so they do exist in Dredd's world, and in a very fine story too.  And "bionic" doesn't just mean "bits made of metal", y'know - it's really anything technological that emulates/copies a natural process.  It's presumably 'future' paper (some type of complex oxygen-filtering fibre), not just chip wrappers.  See also, William Gibson's paper bicycles in (IIRC) Idoru

johnnystress

I use a paper bag to scoop up dogshit- it's pretty resilient stuff

Richmond Clements

Is it from your own dog, or do you just collect it and keep it in a specail cabinet?

Glad I didn't imagine the paper lungs though...

johnnystress

It can be dicey when they've been at the cheap dog food, then it's  "Mr. Whippy" time and a sponge would probably be best

Richmond Clements

The 'gifts' left on the carpet some mornings are nice too.