Main Menu

Meg 211

Started by The Amstor Computer, 22 September, 2003, 06:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tex Hex

Well Ill certainly go home and re-read it with that in mind. I probably didnt really devote enough time to thinking about it - I was just too baffled initially. Not that im promising liking it any more...:o)

Yours feeling stupidly,
hex.

JamieB

FWIW, Paul, I thought it was quite brilliant, and has sold me 100% on the story. Which means that at some stage, you can bet I'll be rprntng it :)

J-Bo-1

The Amstor Computer

Paul - don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying Xtnct and, after an initial "what-the" moment, I grasped what this episode was about (and as I mentioned above, I really enjoyed the Raptor POV interpretations of what the others were saying).

My only real problem was that I couldn't quite see how it tied in with the previous episode - IMO, it read more like an interlude in the main story than a continuation of what had happened last month.

Waddie

I thought this would be the one that everybody liked, and that initial uncertainty would fade at this point!

As I said, it worked for me, and now that the amused delight I felt at working out what was going on is no longer tempered by the suspicion that maybe I hadn't "got it" at all, it's up there with Charley's War as my favourite thing in the issue.

Paul Cornell

That's very kind of all of you.  Jamie, what do you mean by 'reprinting' (if that's what it was in Raptor speak!)? I'm new around here, and don't know what happens!

If you don't understand an episode, that's my fault rather than yours, and I'll take that onboard as part of me learning how to write comics better.  

The remaining episodes, with normal speech patterns resumed, will hopefully be easier to follow.  

JamieB

Heh!

Yup, it was "reprinting"; I'm graphic novels editor here in the Nerve Centre*, so when XTNCT concludes, I'll likely as not stick it on my to-reprint list (currently somewhere in the region of 8 million titles, based on on-forum requests :P)

*If you're ever in the office, drop by and say hello - I sit next to Alan!

J-Bo-1

ukdane

my to-reprint list (currently somewhere in the region of 8 million titles, based on on-forum requests :P)

Complete PJ Maybe!!!!

This months review...

...Fucking Great!

I've got so much I want to say about this months Meg, but those two words sum it up for me.

Highlights:
Koburn, Dredd, Rennie, Ezquerra!
Irving/(Bolland-homage) cover
Charley's War
XTNCT

I'll keep the rest to myself.
Cheers

-Daney

Bolt-01

Best line in the meg: CHS M! (Duncan Norvelle for Raptor!)

Loved XTNCT this meg.

Koburn: Class.

Charleys war: Did anyone else notice Sarge's eyes? The mans a nutter!

Death: Nice last panel, oh my droogies.

Rotts

DavidXBrunt

Amongst the crowd on the moon...was that Yozzer Hughes?

And Magnifico Seven...is it me or does he look like the Magnifico Esquerra?

McNulty

First death, now Judge Death stoned out of his mind! What's the matter with them?

Mangamax

"Did anyone else notice the sarge's eyes? The mans a nutter!"

No, he's Windsor Davies
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Bolt-01

There is a likeness isn't there?

Rotts.

GordonR

>>my to-reprint list (currently somewhere in the region of 8 million titles, based on on-forum requests :P)

I'm sure it'll drop down some, once you filter out the requests from creators for their own work to be reprinted...

JamieB

"I'm sure it'll drop down some, once you filter out the requests from creators for their own work to be reprinted... "

Damn it, Gordon - there will be *NO* WITCH WORLD holofoil gatefold collectors' edition! (Now, will you *please* return my pets?)

J-Bo-1

GordonR

It has already has been reprinted.  In Germany.

The fools...