"Achtung!!!!"

Mk13

Nein! Nein! Mein augen brennen!

Art

Die Schutzbrillen, tun sie nichts!

GermanAndy

Great Meg!

COVER: I liked the camera one.

DREDD: Thanks to the article last meg I was able to recognize Eazy, but even without this it was soo great. As a german it often pains me to see how much the language is ripped to shreds because the writer couldn?t be obviously bothered to consult a dictionary. (Especially in the action-adventure-genre; I have seen hilarious phrases in early Nick Carter Killmaster novels or Rosenbergers Death Merchant)

But in this tale it is so funny. I still don?t know what a "untermuncher" should be, but rlotf for "Ein Bike, ein Boat... ein Foo-rewr". Priceless, Mr. Rennie, an absolut hoot. Great, great tale :-))

And the artwork is so good.

DEATH: It was funny, on the other hand I still think it rather demystifies the character. And the punchline was a little bit groan for me.

KILLING FIELDS: Another nice one. Could be a little more on how the writers and editors saw the genre of the war-comic, if this was just another day in the office for them or if they were uncomfortable with the subject. In this regard the Mills interview was a step in the right direction.

GOLD: So this is the famous Charlie?s War. It truly deserves all the praise I read beforehand. How much of it will be reprinted? Surely not all 300 parts? Now this is something I would like to see reprinted in a nice hardcover.

Harry 20 is okay, some nice Davis art, but I start to loose interest.

DEVLIN WAUGH: This one get?s a little bit too long, I think. Maybe it reads better in one sitting.

XTINCT: Like it.

BENDATTI: this really feels dated somehow. Nice art, but the tale couldn?t held my interest.

All in all, a great Meg!!

Patrick

Just to add my thoughts.

Xtnct is magnificent (again). Best thing the 2000AD stable has done for many a long year. I love it. I mean, you can't go wrong with dinosaurs (they even justify the existence of Dinosty), you can't go wrong with D'Israeli, and the script... lunacy. Utter lunacy. In a good way, of course. Remember the Day of the Droids? That kind of lunacy. You want to put a book out of this when it's finished, I'll buy it.

Second favourite strip - Judge Death. I really like this series. Frazer's doing some wonderful work, but it's John Wagner's evil sense of humour that drives it.

Dredd is fun, and the word "untermuncher" is inspired.

Charley's war seems very good. Joe Colquhoun's art is excellent - I suspect this is where John Higgins and Bryan Talbot picked up a lot of their stuff from.

I haven't been reading Devlin Waugh for a while now. I suspect that like a lot of John Smith stories it'll read really well all in one go, but as a serial it doesn't. I'm also not reading Bendatti 'cause it's not very good.

Devons Daddy

the meg is now at its finest hour,
the level of script and art is beyond words.
totally wonderful and litterally bloody brillant.

AND CHARLIES WAR!
 this is even better then i could have expected.truly wonderful,this was a young uns 10pence comic? hard to believe this fact. way beyond its target market and yet completely acceptable to be read by them.
truly shows the standard of the writing.

my only grumble the editors notes a bit laddish in their style. i like it when the editor seems aloaf and has an attitude about him.
but when hes getting this standard together i have no right to complain really.

dredd rocked . no one draws him quite like the BIG E.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Darryl

I find myself tempering my words for the fear of fawning in front of Greatness....

Dredd - Funny as fook, loved the nazi pastiche, and Koburn is a welcome 'anti dredd'.

Death - Frazer Irving is rapidly becoming one of my favourite artists of all time! I got the Bollandesque Cover (had the orginal as a poster for YEARS... please reproduce this one!!)

Charley's War / Harry 20 -
After many months ofg waiting (and the reason I started buying the meg again) Charley's Back! This seems as fresh as when I read it the first time, the humour is well placed, and Pat Mill's anger at the treatment of the ordinary soldier is apparent.

Harry 20 is good - cant remember it from the first time, so its a welcome addition.

Devlin Waugh - Always liked the character, and im probably one of a minority who looks forward to each episode

XTNCT - Love it!! Paul Cornell's writing is soo funny and spot on, love Raptor!

Bendatti Vendetta - I dont even bother reading this, think I missed too much of the story for it to make sense..

Apocolyspe soon - Am I the only one who still finds this funny?

Trout

"Apocolyspe soon - Am I the only one who still finds this funny?"

That's entirely possible, IMO.

Alan Grant's a hero of mine, but this leaves me cold.

Anyone else want to stick up for Apocalypse Soon?

- Trout

The Monarch

Armitage is coing back!!!!!

Charleys war deserves all the praise it's got the only bad thing of this issue was i was lumped with the cover i didn't like...i wanted the bolland rip off

Rio De Fideldo

I haven't got the Meg yet. Who's writing/drawing Armitage.

I really hate it and was just wondering if someone else is going to try to make it at least worth my while reading it.

Dudley

Soooooooooo don't get why everyone hates Apocalypse Soon.  The script is funny, gag-a-panel, at a lovely skew to reality, ultra-violent and I truyl dig the fucked-up art (yeah, yeah so it's like Bisley.  I really DON'T care.)

Waddie

(Apocalypse Soon)
The script is funny, gag-a-panel

It's humour of the most crude and retarded variety though, which puts me off.  It feels like it was written for something like Loaded or Sky rather than the Meg.

Art

Only the contemporary references convincwe me it isn?t something left over from the back pages of Toxic!

Dudley

It's humour of the most crude and retarded variety though

Yes, it is - and being a PC type I'd hate it if it were any longer than one page a month.  But at one page, it's exactly the antidote the Meg needs to the quasi-reverential tone elsewhere, particularly all the starry-eyed worship of the old war comics, which some of us younger chaps completely fail to see the point of.

Jared Katooie

I really liked death this time round. It can only get better too I'm sure. The story about Judge Death was great too.

Heh, sorry.