Main Menu

Meg 215

Started by ukdane, 12 January, 2004, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

Got it.
Yet another Floyd Kermode letter- well done that man.
Does gold = filler this week?
Cheers

-Daney

ukdane

Another lovely Langley cover.
Shock ending to VC's episode.
More Droid Life.
Reviews will follow.
Cheers

-Daney

Leigh S

My word - havent got it yet, but that cover is excellent - well done Chris Weston, and hurry on back to our progs soon!

Bony Fella

Got it also! Hurrah! My first sub-type-thing! Haven't slept in nearly 31 hours, but I'm still happy. Well done on the letter floyd! I have 2 questions (not read it yet, will post a report when I have) but from what I've read before, some subby people get their prog and meg together, some get them seperately... I got just the meg today, which is fine and dandy, but it worried me that on the label after my name it said 1372+ 215+. Are they just the issues that my sub is going from, or... what? Just hoping they haven't missed the prog.
   The other thing is a Charley's War question. I've read 3 megs worth of it so far, and haven't taken to it at all. However, Floyd, Douglas Martin, and Logan to name but a few, have all proclaimed how brilliant they find it, and I'm determined to read more (especially as I have nothing but respect for Floyd and Logan, and trust their judgement) as I think I'm missing something. Maybe if I tried it from the beginning. Where's it been printed before? Where could I get hold of it from? Any help would be appreciated.

Ok, I'm off to read the meg and smile, and sleep.

Leigh S

Bony Fellah - the 1372 means thats the first week your sub runs from - do you need 1371? If so, I have a spare...

Bony Fella

Thanks for the offer, but I actually bought it after the fire, so I actually have that one - currently my only prog *sobs* and now I have a nice new meg! Things can only get better... Hopefully 1372 will turn up soon then! Hurrah! NOW for reading and sleeps...

The Monarch

Hitman is that the post oz story where a hitman who kills celebs takes his revenge on Dredd after his chance to off chopper was messed up?

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

stront692

i was dissappointed by the amount of reprint filler in this issue of the meg and i knew they were bringing maria back but i didnt know that they were going to kill her off as well,

far too many of dredds supporting cast dont actually live very long (especially compared to him), crazy barry, little mo were great but dead within a month - the list is endless

GordonR

>>far too many of dredds supporting cast dont actually live very long (especially compared to him)

Dude, Maria's been around for the last 27 years.

Bony Fella

Yeah - she's not exactly been a flash in the pan or anything!!

DavidXBrunt

Probably would have been a logistical nightmare but it would have been nice to have a Dredd story each month from those featured in the Dredd-history thing.

stront692

but the last story featuring her was 10 yrs ago (and i think u know what i mean really),

now she comes back and shes dead !!!

The Amstor Computer

"now she comes back and shes dead !!!"

...and in a perfectly good short that treated someone who was, essentially, a comedy character with some dignity. It wasn't "Bury My Knee..." but it was a solid story.

I'm certainly not going to complain because Gordon killed off a one-note character who, IMO, had long out-stayed her welcome.

stront692

so that was gordon too, was it???