Main Menu

Superman : The Animated series ?

Started by abc warrior, 18 August, 2006, 01:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abc warrior

Is this available on DVD in the UK ?

3 seasons are out, but I can't find a Region 2 copy anywhere.

Steve Green

They've got the first 2 seasons for R2 listed at www.play.com for ?6.99

Cheers,

Steve

abc warrior

Thanks for responding, Steve !

Unfortunately, those aren't the ones I'm looking for.
This is what I'm looking for :

They only seem to be available from the US.

Link: http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000F5WR4M.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg" target="_blank">Superman : The Animated Series

Bico

All the recent US WB discs are region-free, as far as I'm aware.  The American releases of animated stuff - Batman, Superman, and Batman Beyond - were mentioned specifically on another forum as working on region 2 players, and I can say from firsthand experience that several of the WB box-sets of tv shows I've bought on import work perfectly well on unhacked players.
As long as your tv is NTSC compatible, you should have no trouble watching them.

Dunk!

Like the Batman Animated series before complete seasons of Superman are only available on US import. With Europe getting crappy batches of episodes on expensive DVDs.

Super Warning!

For some reason they decided to cram 2/3rds of each season on one double-sided disc, instead of over 3 like Batman, and this can cause problems on older players - screen freezing and skipping like Digital TV goes when it's raining heavily outside
"Trust we"

abc warrior

Art

They fucking rock by the way, so they'd be worth it. I'm currently working my way through them on Netflicks.

I'm on series 3 at the moment and loving it - someone on the team has serious love for Jack Kirby, to the point where there is an episode which is basically should be titled "Jack Kirby kicks ass!", featuring Darkseid and Jack Kirby as a cop, who kicks all kinds of ass, and then ends with a dedication to Kirby (who I believe may have just corked it).  

If you want a R1 copy of Season 2 let me know - Netflicks didn't have it and I managed to pick up a bargain copy.

Art

Also one of the diss for the last series of Batman: The Animated Series has the story "Legends Of The Dark Knight", which features an animated version of the junkyard fight from The Dark Knight Returns. It's worth tracking down a cheap version of the box set just for that five or ten minutes of pure unadulterated nerd-joy.

Mr C

Or just watch the segment on Youtube!

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NbYq06h01M" target="_blank">Spot the pisstake

The Monarch

as far as I know this series was never shown on uk tv let alone on dvd beyond its first season

Byron Virgo

I've been meaning to check out that Dark Knight episode for ages, so cheers for the link there.

I never watched the Superman cartoon when they ran it on tv over here back in the day, but I've heard positive mention of the Kirby episode. The finale of one of the Justice League Unlimited series had a nice Kirby quotient though, featuring Lex Luthor's band of supervillains teaming up with the JLA to fight off an invasion by Darkseid and the hoards of Apokolips, as well as brief appearances by Metron, the New Gods and even an a rather groovy-looking Source Wall (with sneaky Galactus cameo!)

Bart Oliver

I found DVDs of circa 60s animated Sub-Mariner and Iron Man in a bargain bucket at Morrisons the other day.

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/1563/namoreb0.jpg>

The stills belie the fact that it's mostly the same repeated blurry cut outs accompanied by incredibly hammy voice acting - still worth a watch, if only just ;)
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Artificial Idiot

I'm hoping the Superman boxsets are released eventually - But in the meantime, HMV have been releasing the Batman boxsets on reigon 2. The first one was out last year, and the second should hit the UK on the 28th (according to their online store.

Really hope they take off, as I'd love nothing more than to have nice, shiney boxsets of all the Timm/Dini DC universe creations...

Art

Also of interest "The Terror Beyond", in Justice League Season 2: It;s basically the JLA Vs Cthulhu.

DavidXBrunt

And, if it's the one I'm thinking of, it also has The Defenders in it...after a fashion.