Main Menu

Canada in Judge Dread

Started by lwhitehead, 07 June, 2014, 09:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lwhitehead

Hi again big fan of Judge Dread but why has Canada bin left out?, according to the official map a section of Canada has some last good land left. I would really like to create a Mega city of Canada, but with a twist it's ruled by a Lord Protector and there version of Judges are called Protectors part of the Protectorate.

This Lord Protector is the same one from the last war, that's one of Canadian twists, the other is that they didn't sign onto the Judge charter the Judge have no power in that Mega city which and the serounding good lands are walled from the rest of North America. The Canadian Protectorate rules with iron will on it's people they are aloud one child, the child can be of ether sex just only one. Travel between Walled Canada and the outside is impossible, due the Lord Protector's rules about bringing in sickness and the rads. It takes Five years just to get a day pass in,

LW

Trout

It got blown up in a nuclear war.

There have been references to "Canadia" and to a wasteland in the area of Canada. Also, some slightly disturbing people on this message board are working on a map of Mega City One that suggests it includes parts of southern Ontario. They've worked it out based on references in the stories.

I'm eating poutine as I type this. Also, hi!

- Trout

ZenArcade

Trout......you still here, I thought the Sovs took London out with a high yield nuke? Z  :lol:
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Leigh S

Seem to recall a reference in a story to the Canuck Wastes - Im thinking the White stuff story in the 1980-81 sci-fi special drawn by Colin Wilson>? 

Trout

Quote from: ZenArcade on 07 June, 2014, 10:29:36 PM
Trout......you still here, I thought the Sovs took London out with a high yield nuke? Z  :lol:

See? Disturbing.

Richard

I think there was a reference to Canada in "The DNA Man" in prog 115. But I'm too lazy to check.

I, Cosh

From memory, the last reference (and possibly Dredd's only visit) to Canadia was in the sequel to Mandroid.
We never really die.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: lwhitehead on 07 June, 2014, 09:46:39 PM
Hi again big fan of Judge Dread but why has Canada bin left out?,

I think you mean "oot"

James Stacey

Molch-R

Uranium City is in Alaska. Which is kinda the same thing.

*ducks*

Proudhuff

Didn't Dredd head up there recently to pick up the youngest Dredd clone?
DDT did a job on me

ZenArcade

:lol:Well Alaska, would have been a component political entity of the Federal USA....I suppose it'd be the same as claiming Donegal as part of the UK. I encountered the issue of Canada in the Map I'm currently working on. All I can think of is after the chaos of the Booth war, Mega City One incorporated the conurbation in south Ontario and over the St Lawrence canal, possibly as a centralised Canadian administration ceased to exist. The NW Hab zone does seem to fit best on what would have been soverign Canadian territory. Z

pert

A Judge/Mountie hybrid uniform would be cool

Fungus

A moose on the right shoulder always commands respect.

ZenArcade

:lol: ah fungus youre takin this much too seriously it's only mapleleaf after all. Z :-\