Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Feeley Good

Watched this myself over the weekend, not a patch on the first... instantly forgettable.

Radbacker

Well I paid to watch the latest Transformers at the cinema this weekend, it was better than the last one if that means anything to you.  A lot of noise and big explosions all the characters shouted the plot and one actually phoned in his performance like literally!!!  But I can't say it m upset I really liked the first Bay Transformers but from then on they really have been pretty pooie I don't know why I would expected any more from this one.
Tron 2 was on TV last night I'd still love to see a version of that with all the dialogue removed and I st the soundtrack as it's pretty arsom

CU Radbacker

Smith

Brutal Tales of Chivalry The plot reminded me a bit of Godfather.Like the Yakuza Godfather,I guess.Good movie.
Dead or Alive (1999) That was unique. :o
And disturbing.And has the most ridiculous ending I have ever seen.I mean,it needs to be seen to be believed.
Seriously,a yakuza movie,standard shootout and then this happens. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxNdJ7aC6Is

CrazyFoxMachine

The Adventures of Prince Achmed

I saw this performed with live musical accompaniment at Glastonbury Festival and it was genuinely astounding. I couldn't believe it was made 90 years before - the paper-and-lead stop motion is frequently stunning. Particularly the landscapes and the stunning final shape-shifting wizard duel (later paid homage to in Disney's Sword in the Stone). The narrative drags around the introduction of Aladdin but for the time it is remarkably engaging. What an experience!

Steve Green

Baby Driver

Very, very good - hope it does well for Edgar, he's been a PR machine on this project and it deserves a good box-office to go with the reviews.

dweezil2

Quote from: Steve Green on 30 June, 2017, 09:12:56 PM
Baby Driver

Very, very good - hope it does well for Edgar, he's been a PR machine on this project and it deserves a good box-office to go with the reviews.

Bit of a flabby third act I felt, but a hell of a lot of fun-deserves to do bank!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Steve Green on 30 June, 2017, 09:12:56 PM
Baby Driver

Seeing it tomorrow.
Looking forward to it.

Rara Avis

I saw Baby Driver last night and was surprised at how much I liked it. I hated the trailer but the film is pretty good although it definitely loses it's way towards the end. I would have also liked more driving.

I also saw Hampstead which is a very sweet movie without being cloying, great performance from Brendan Gleeson.

And I saw The House which is a decent comedy but not outright absolutely hilarious. There are worse ways to spend a few hours ..

Radbacker

Okja - on Netflix, damn they are getting good at making movies, both mad and sad and happy the whole lot, very good story well acted nice mesh of Korean and Holywood film making.  From the director of Snowpiercer but way better and the damn Superpig was absolutly adorable.
Also watched Train to Busan the otehr week, a great Zombie movie when you think they couldn't do anything original with zombies anymore strongly recomend both.
Also while not a movie it is in Netfix GLOW (Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling) is great too, binged all 10 episodes in two day and well worth it.

Cu Radbacker

Mattofthespurs

Baby Driver

Agree with what has already been said here. It's great fun but the majority of the really good, cool stuff is in the first two acts of the film leaving the final act to be slightly underwhelming in my opinion.
That's not to say it's not loads of fun, it is.
The cast are superb across the board and the whole film almost felt more like ballet than anything else. Sort of a musical Reservoir Dogs, especially the first time Baby goes and gets coffee with his weaving in and out of passers by and the lyrics to the song appearing on the walls as he goes by. La-La Land esq but this whole way of presenting the film disappears in the final act leaving it to be a standard, if very well made, heist/drive movie.
7.5/10

Theblazeuk

Train to Busan had me on edge for the entire thing. Zombies were cool too!

Keef Monkey

I loved Baby Driver, and already trying to plan a second viewing. Anyone else catch what I'm assuming was a [spoiler]DREDD[/spoiler] reference when he's tuning the car radio?

Steve Green

Mardroid

Trance - A very interesting film with lots of twists and turns.[spoiler]In the real world, I'm not sure hypnotism is as powerful as depicted here,  but as this is a fictional world next door, that's okay. [/spoiler]

Rosario Dawson, who plays the nurse character in the Netflix Marvel series has quite a major role in this... and you see rather a lot of her. Ahem. 😱😆

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Steve Green on 03 July, 2017, 06:29:12 PM
Missed that one...

It's just a quick line, [spoiler]when he carjacks someone while on the run from the final job, as he's scrolling through the radio to find a song a news report (or it might be the police frequency?) mentions gunfire at Peach Trees.[/spoiler]

Knowing how much of a 2000AD fan Edgar Wright is it's pretty neat that he threw that in!