Main Menu

Whatever Happened To "Helium"?

Started by Andy Lambert, 09 April, 2017, 12:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Helium to be drawn by Mr Trevellion, I believe, upon it's return. Which wont be too long, I hope.

AlexF

broodblik

For anyone interested in the prodcast both Ian and Matt confirmed that they will most likely start work on Helium after Scarlet Traces.  They both said that they did look at a different artist but Matt wanted to continue the series himself. Hopefully we can have this series continuing sooner than never.

https://2000ad.com/news/the-2000-ad-thrill-cast-lockdown-tapes-ian-edginton-disraeli-judge-dredd-origins-deep-dive/
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 22 October, 2020, 06:57:45 AM
For anyone interested in the prodcast both Ian and Matt confirmed that they will most likely start work on Helium after Scarlet Traces.  They both said that they did look at a different artist but Matt wanted to continue the series himself. Hopefully we can have this series continuing sooner than never.

https://2000ad.com/news/the-2000-ad-thrill-cast-lockdown-tapes-ian-edginton-disraeli-judge-dredd-origins-deep-dive/

Oh wow that is great news. Really enjoyed the first series (I think kinda hard to remember for sure!) and great that Matt Brooker is being given the chance to carry on. Mind juggling Scarlet Tracers, the returned Stickleback AND Helium means we're all going to need to get patient!

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 22 October, 2020, 08:19:16 AM
Quote from: broodblik on 22 October, 2020, 06:57:45 AM

Oh wow that is great news. Really enjoyed the first series (I think kinda hard to remember for sure!) and great that Matt Brooker is being given the chance to carry on. Mind juggling Scarlet Tracers, the returned Stickleback AND Helium means we're all going to need to get patient!

So long ago that I think it even got reprinted in the floppy before the second series has started!

broodblik

Yes, patience wish I had more of that. Hopefully we can at least get it sometime next year.

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Pretty selfish of Brooker not to figure out how to clone himself, so we can enjoy more of his great art.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 22 October, 2020, 09:41:26 AM
Pretty selfish of Brooker not to figure out how to clone himself, so we can enjoy more of his great art.

Well to be fair to the Brooker Droid Tharg needs to be getting off his arse and creating a D'IsaelII Droid.

broodblik

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 22 October, 2020, 09:41:26 AM

Very true but mister Edginton needs a few clones as well. When are we getting more Brass Sun?

sintec

Will have to track down the floppy reprint if it does come back... always nicer to start at the beginning of a story when possible.

broodblik

Quote from: sintec on 22 October, 2020, 09:56:21 AM
Will have to track down the floppy reprint if it does come back... always nicer to start at the beginning of a story when possible.

It is in meg 390.

AlexF

Barney only lists one but I swear there was a second book of Helium in the Prog not that long after book 1 aired. Am I making this up??

IndigoPrime

sheridan

Quote from: AlexF on 23 October, 2020, 09:25:54 AM
Barney only lists one but I swear there was a second book of Helium in the Prog not that long after book 1 aired. Am I making this up??

Shhh - nobody's supposed to know about your time machine!

I, Cosh

Quote from: AlexF on 23 October, 2020, 09:25:54 AM
You are making this up. Sorry.
We never really die.