Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

Stories written for boys 40 years ago are hardly going to contain satirical revelations about today's society. Still, Lawmaster on the loose does stick in my memory as an episode that showed the Judges could be as dangerous as the crims. 'Thank God you Judges are here to protect us!' says one of the run over Citizens to an indiffernet
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

IAMTHESYSTEM

Stories written for boys 40 years ago are hardly going to contain satirical revelations about today's society. Still, Lawmaster on the loose does stick in my memory as an episode that showed the Judges could be as dangerous as the crims. 'Thank God you Judges are here to protect us!' says one of the run over Citizens to an indifferent Judge Dredd which is for my money a little wry to say the least. Anyway back to the blind watchmakers trying to predict something that is two years away at least. Face changing machines anyone?   
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Steve Green

I'm not sure on the bike - although they had it voice activated in the 2012 movie, it's a big difference between that and it full-on Herbie/Knight Rider.

Beeks

"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Steve Green

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

The Legendary Shark

After listening to the podcast I'm happy. They seem to be going in a direction I can follow without any major complaints or reservations. Of course I'd love to be involved with this project in some way (who amongst us wouldn't?) but that's not going to happen so it's the next best thing to know that the people who are involved love Dredd and his world as much as I do.

Maybe the likes of us can influence things a bit, though, and so here's a try at that: Naming blocks after real people may be problematic in our modern sue, sue, sue society - so how about throwing in a few named after fans? I'd love to see a Tordelback Block, a Hawkmumbler Underpass or a Roger Godpleton Public Toilet Complex...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Link Prime

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 18 May, 2017, 12:14:36 PM
Just gimme some Oola Blint episodes...!

How's Charlize Theron's schedule for 2018?

SIP

The most interesting Dredd's for me are the procedural episodes involving the resources of justice department and an investigating Dredd. These kind of storylines would also perhaps be the most accessible to a general audience.

Wobots, rampaging lawmasters, max normal, not the right way to go.

Pleased don't let this be "wacky" in any way. The tone should be serious with an undercurrent of nihilistic black humour.

Andy Lambert

Nah, sorry - I'm one of those that want to see the muties, robots, Dark Judges and things that go bump in the night. They're as much a part of Dredd's history as the police procedurals and we shouldn't feel embarrassed by them.

Goaty

Awful lots of Do want it and Don't want it on here.

Goaty

I don't mind what they have or not on the productions but I do want one thing they got; excellent writers!

Andy Lambert

What's wrong with that? It's a discussion group after all...

NapalmKev

I think there's room for all kinds of storylines in the show, just as there is in main strip. Although I'd prefer it if they didn't do the 'Judge Cal' storyline fully, maybe just mentioning it as a throwaway line.*

Cheers

*Lauded by many but I thought it a bit shit, tbh.
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

NapalmKev

Quote from: Goaty on 18 May, 2017, 01:13:27 PM
Awful lots of Do want it and Don't want it on here.

Opinions are great - everybody should have one!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"