Main Menu

New Doctor

Started by Timothy, 14 July, 2017, 08:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLC

Well ignoring some comments here, a nice article on LGBTQ characters/fans in Doctor Who as we celebrate 50th anniversary of the decriminalisation of homosexuality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg5BWxatZEU

Rately

If only people were able to get as outraged at issues that really mattered in the world.

Really looking forward to seeing a new dynamic, new ideas, outlooks on the show. Capaldi was amazing in the role, and I'm sure Jodie will be every bit his match.

Greg M.

Bradley Walsh?!

Well, if it's true, it's certainly not a predictable choice...

IndigoPrime

Smacks more of a companion in a story rather than the companion. At least, I hope so. I'm not against him being in the series, but as the sole companion, he's a weird choice, and not one I imagine would claw back the lost demographic of younglings.

Greg M.

It's so odd, I almost hope it's true. Recurring role as actual companion's dad or similar Jackie Tyler / Wilf Mott figure seems plausible.

JLC

Quote from: Rately on 28 July, 2017, 02:51:22 PM
If only people were able to get as outraged at issues that really mattered in the world.
How do you know they don't?

Eamonn Clarke

Is it because they're going to remake the first doctor story The Chase?
;)

IAMTHESYSTEM

Wonder if they're going to have another female companion to compliment Mr Walsh if he is the new Doctors partner? The first incarnation of the Doctor on television had a couple of Teachers as companions in An Unearthly Child, and they were our p.o.v characters. Perhaps the Producers are going back to the original B/W series for inspiration while modernising the Dr Who story with the first Female Doctor Who but I'm surprised they didn't go for someone younger.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JLC

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 22 August, 2017, 05:59:02 PM
Smacks more of a companion in a story rather than the companion. At least, I hope so. I'm not against him being in the series, but as the sole companion, he's a weird choice, and not one I imagine would claw back the lost demographic of younglings.
Yes, like Tate in The Runaway Bride. & maybe comeback later?

Walsh from what I've seen him in does remind me of a male equivalent to Tate.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JLC on 23 August, 2017, 12:03:22 PM
Walsh from what I've seen him in does remind me of a male equivalent to Tate.

I haven't seen it, but he's been in 53 episodes of Law & Order: UK (and a slight Who connection via The Sarah Jane Adventures) so it's not like he's been dumped into the series with no track record of 'straight' acting experience.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Bradley Walsh would be a very strange choice.

And by "strange" I mean "terrible".

Rudolph88

I've really been enjoying all the comments about how Doctor Who has been taken over by 'feminists', 'liberals' and 'the PC brigade'.

I must have missed that season where he travelled through time and space building walls to keep immigrants out.