Main Menu

2000AD & Judge Dredd: The Secret History by Pat Mills.

Started by The Legendary Shark, 08 June, 2017, 07:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexF

Now this is all more like it! Thank to all for answering my question about the content and value of the book - sounds as if it could have done with a proofreader, and that it does cover a fair bit of old ground from his blog / Future Shock / various interviews, but that aside is going to be hard for me to resist!

I must confess I do get quite defensive of the Prog when Mills gets on his high-horse about the failures of the 90s. It was the era when I really fell in love with 2000AD (as a teenager), and while I agree that it was the worst period in the Prog's mighty history, it was still better than 90% of the comics out there at the time!

And yes, he's absolutely right to insist on defending creator's rights both financially and morally, even if I secretly like the idea of reading Rory McConville's ABC Warriors one day. (With the appropriate % of payment going to Pat + Kev + Mick + Brendan, of course!)

JLC

Richard

It's a good book, and it's exactly what I'd expected and wanted.

But bloody hell, chapter 29 needed some proof-reading! It has non-existent words in it and you have to guess what he meant.

Richard

Not so long ago, on the "is it me or the prog?" thread, we were debating series that have long gaps between them where we struggle to recall what happened in the last book, and whether there should be recaps and so on.

Pat's take on this issue is on page 222 (but you'll need to read the whole chapter), if anyone wants to know.

Dandontdare

Just ordered the paperback - I thought this was only going to be digital? Can't wait to get stuck in, but that cover is horrible!

Leigh S

The cover des make a kind of sense when you read about Pat's Lichtenstein plans for 2000AD...

rogue69

there is a free companion book called The Artists' Debt Collection Party to go along side this about the Toxic! comic & the office raid by the writers & artists to get the money they were all owed from them.
But only a few people have downloaded it so if you are interested please check it out

https://dl.bookfunnel.com/s70kr47s2e?utm_source=Millsverse+Newsletter&utm_campaign=094d831cc9-Toxic+Debt+Collectors+freebie&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_cf425f8ae5-094d831cc9-160399289