Main Menu

Swamp Thing cancelled

Started by rogue69, 06 June, 2019, 06:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Starburst have reported  that the new Swamp Thing has been cancelled after show just one episode in the US which is a shame as the first episode was really good with a new twist on the relationship between Abby Arcane and Alec Holland and the creation of Swamp Thing

TordelBack

Haven't seen it yet, but this practice of strangling things before they've had any kind of chance is nonsense.

Frank

Quote from: rogue69 on 06 June, 2019, 06:50:08 PM
Starburst have reported  that the new Swamp Thing has been cancelled after show just one episode in the US which is a shame as the first episode was really good with a new twist on the relationship between Abby Arcane and Alec Holland and the creation of Swamp Thing

According to the great Steve Green, the show was cancelled because the eye-watering tax break North Carolina promised the production was cut by two-thirds.

Let's hope Oxfordshire county council have checked their working.

Jim_Campbell

The tax break thing now seems to have been largely debunked.

Sounds more like the Powers That Be at WB just want to make more stuff like the various CW series, which bodes ill for Doom Patrol as well. The bastards.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 June, 2019, 04:57:51 PMSounds more like the Powers That Be at WB just want to make more stuff like the various CW series, which bodes ill for Doom Patrol as well. The bastards.

Which are many times cheaper than ST. I don't think they want to be spending $85 million for 10 episodes of the muck-monster. I doubt Doom Patrol is costing that much so it's probably safe.

Professor Bear

I can't wait to watch another superhero show where a hero played by a not very good actor has to be told how to beat a bad guy by a computer scientist talking to them over a radio from a secret lair so that they can bring "hope" back to a made-up city that is depicted by the same few sets and streets week in and week out.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm just off to watch the Batwoman trailer, which I hear is for a show that breaks new ground.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 June, 2019, 04:57:51 PM
The tax break thing now seems to have been largely debunked.

some hilarious comments on that piece - like the guy who STILL thinks it's NC's fault because he "knows" things

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 June, 2019, 07:22:09 PM
some hilarious comments on that piece - like the guy who STILL thinks it's NC's fault because he "knows" things

You made me look at the fucking comments!

QuoteBecause there's no budget for a normal, traditional show after the myriad minority, female, lgbtqxyz, activist movies have sucked up all the money. If swamp thing turned out to be female, trans, gay or something, they'd find the money to continue on. Then, the nearly worthless government takes it's oversized cut. What a joke things have become . . .
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Frank

QuoteSwamp Thing cancelled

What has he said, now? 

You've got to understand, these guys from the seventies grew up in a very different climate.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Professor Bear on 11 June, 2019, 07:04:38 PM
I can't wait to watch another superhero show where a hero played by a not very good actor has to be told how to beat a bad guy by a computer scientist talking to them over a radio from a secret lair so that they can bring "hope" back to a made-up city that is depicted by the same few sets and streets week in and week out.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm just off to watch the Batwoman trailer, which I hear is for a show that breaks new ground.

Batwoman is a lesbian, isn't she? NO WONDER THE LIBERAL SNOWFLAKE MEDIA IS PAYING FOR THAT THEN.  THEY WON'T BE HAPPY TILL THE NUCLEAR FAMILY IS BANNED. froth, twitch
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 June, 2019, 07:54:53 PM
You made me look at the fucking comments!

Quote... If swamp thing turned out to be female, trans, gay or something, they'd find the money to continue on. ...

Riiiight. Swampie (the comics character) doesn't have a sexuality that's in anything other than hertero-normative. No having his asexual plant body grow tubers that when ingested allow his human lover (and random hippies and terminal patients) to commune completely with him through the totality of the all living things, no possessing dodgy magicians in order to impregnate his wife etc etc.  No wonder those LGBTQI feminazis hate him so. 

JayzusB.Christ

As an Irish man, I dream of having a lover who grows spuds out of their body for my sexual gratification. And pisses whiskey.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Fungus

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 12 June, 2019, 08:49:34 AM
As an Irish man, I dream of having a lover who grows spuds out of their body for my sexual gratification. And pisses whiskey.

This elevator pitch will never happen, yet the lame superheroic TV and movies keep coming...

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Funt Solo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 12 June, 2019, 08:49:34 AM

[Starts taping on tatties and drinking a bottle of malt.]  You asked for it...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++