Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2020

Started by Dash Decent, 27 June, 2019, 01:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin Low

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 15 October, 2019, 11:33:19 AM
I'm slightly surprised this one's not hardback, TBH.

Yeah, and unless these collections of previously collected stuff are coming in large format hardback I'm personally not that interested. If the target audience is newer readers, then fair enough, but those of us who've been around a wee while need a stronger incentive.

Regards,

Robin

broodblik

Some interesting specials coming next year:

https://2000ad.com/post/6056

As this year you can now pre-order the bundle:

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/B0015
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dandontdare

the price of the bundle has tripled, so I think this year I'll just cherry pick the ones I want

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: broodblik on 23 October, 2019, 02:44:42 PM
Some interesting specials coming next year:

https://2000ad.com/post/6056

As this year you can now pre-order the bundle:

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/B0015

That's a fantastic line-up. Touching on Action, Smash and Battle is smart - they're all fondly-remembered and rich for revisiting - and the Thriller Picture Library and Sexton Blake specials all dig a little deeper in to the wilds of the archives. Great to see that Cor! & Buster and Tammy & Jinty will get another outing - well-deserved, particularly for Tammy & Jinty. Interested to see what the Misty Presents... Special will cover, and good to see the now-traditional Halloween-ish special. Nice timing for Roy, and it will be interesting to see who chips in on the Twenty Years of Rebellion special - maybe some of the characters and creators who were there during the early Rebellion years? Not massively fussed for Evil Genius, but willing to give it a crack as part of the bundle.

For creators, Dan Lish is a wild choice for Hookjaw - not someone I'd have pegged for it, so it will be really interesting to see how that turns out. Mike Dorey, Sahlstrom and Flint will all be good fits too. Really interesting selection of artists and writers all around, in fact.

Good to see the talk about getting them back on the newsstands too. It's great to get these titles, and to get them delivered, but even better if Rebellion can continue the push to get new titles back in shops.

IndigoPrime

To be fair, the number of titles is way up, some of the page counts are huge, and postage isn't free. On the flip side, some of these are reprint. Not sure I'll cherry pick, though, primarily because the ones I might have skipped last time ended up being my favourites of the entire run. This news does, however, showcase the sheer amount of IP Rebellion now owns. It's great that Action and the like will get an airing; but I do rather wish Tammy & Jinty in particular could be more regular than an annual. Cor would also be a fun monthly for the nipper (although I guess she's well catered for by The Beano and The Phoenix).

The Amstor Computer

On the flip-flip side, 100-odd pages of reprint from archive material won't come cheap for restoration (though certainly less expensive than 100-odd pages of new material) especially if they're being recoloured. Definitely seconding the Tammy & Jinty for a more regular slot though - that was the surprise hit from this year's batch for me too.

Tjm86

The price caught me a bit as well.  Granted there are more titles this year but there are also more that I'm less interested in.  I also get the point about page count of some of them.

Like IP, my nipper's interest in Tammy and Cor puts them high on the list of potential purchases.  Not to mention as more regular showings.  RoTR is the one that has got me questioning.  Total disinterest there.  Action is tempting, especially with the facsimile of the banned issue.  Scream, Tooth etc .... goes without saying.

Quite probably I'll end up folding and going for it.  At the moment though I'm balking a little at the up-front cost.

IndigoPrime

I'd love for Tammy and Cor to be quarterlies. But I imagine this is nightmarish for Rebellion. Given how difficult it is to get newsstand space, it's a marvel these things are in stores at all.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dandontdare on 23 October, 2019, 03:40:15 PM
the price of the bundle has tripled, so I think this year I'll just cherry pick the ones I want

Yeah I did that this year and.... ended up buying them all anyway.

BUGGER.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

MumboJimbo

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: MumboJimbo on 23 October, 2019, 10:26:39 PM
No Vigilant   :(

A comment from John Freeman on FB suggests there is Vigilant news to come...

The Monarch

I am personally hoping for a vigilant miniseries ala sniper elite since its nowwhere to be seen in the bundle

DrJomster

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 23 October, 2019, 06:16:22 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 23 October, 2019, 03:40:15 PM

Yeah I did that this year and.... ended up buying them all anyway.

BUGGER.

I hear you. Once you see them in the shop, it's really hard to resist! They just look so good!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.