Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

When this superb framing sequence first appeared*, I described it as a pitch for a pilot episode. Williams knows good telly and few writers are such imaginative visual storytellers. Hire Weston to head-up concept design/storyboards and the job's a good un:

* 2036, The Fields by Williams & Weston

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 22 July, 2018, 02:03:00 AM
Rob Williams Has Completed 'Judge Dredd' Pilot Script

Well, more good news for 2000AD fans. A Rogue Trooper Film announced and now a possible Mega City-based TV series in the works its zarjaz times for sure.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 22 July, 2018, 07:28:09 AM
That's very cool news. At least now this thread can be more than:

"Any news yet?"

"No, sorry"

"Damn that means its not happening"

"No they said it's be a while cool ya boots"

Rince, wash, repeat.

We have the Rogue thread for that now....

Cool - I look forward to the next news in 14 months time! ;-)

Seriously though - I know how long it can take for films and TV to be made, and better to take time than rush something out.

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 22 July, 2018, 11:05:47 AM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 22 July, 2018, 02:03:00 AM
Rob Williams Has Completed 'Judge Dredd' Pilot Script

Well, more good news for 2000AD fans. A Rogue Trooper Film announced and now a possible Mega City-based TV series in the works its zarjaz times for sure.

It's not a 'possible' TV series. This is definitely happening.

Pete Wells

Just re-posting this. Don't make me go all Star Wars fan Thargy!

Steve Green

You'll be hating on the green cross code next.

Bolt-01

If Walter is to appear at all, please let it be in conjunction with Mrs Gunderson.

Richard

I hope that the tv show is more 2012 than 1995. Walter does not fit in with the dark and gritty show I'm hoping it will be. (That's not to say it shouldn't have humour-- it definitely should -- but not Walter.)

TordelBack

Quote from: Richard on 30 July, 2018, 03:47:32 PM(That's not to say it shouldn't have humour-- it definitely should -- but not Walter.)

Whats-a dat you say? Walter only work-a-da-best as a double-acta widda Maria? 

C'mon, the public love that speech-impediment-meets-mafiosa stuff: plus its okay, 'cos she was never really Italian in the first place!  Shadduppa you face!

dweezil2

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 July, 2018, 03:56:50 PM
Quote from: Richard on 30 July, 2018, 03:47:32 PM(That's not to say it shouldn't have humour-- it definitely should -- but not Walter.)

Whats-a dat you say? Walter only work-a-da-best as a double-acta widda Maria? 

C'mon, the public love that speech-impediment-meets-mafiosa stuff: plus its okay, 'cos she was never really Italian in the first place!  Shadduppa you face!

That's not to say that Dredd couldn't be paired up with a robotic companion, doesn't necessarily have to be a comedy foil, could be a Mechanismo droid.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Link Prime

Quote from: dweezil2 on 30 July, 2018, 04:02:02 PM
That's not to say that Dredd couldn't be paired up with a robotic companion, doesn't necessarily have to be a comedy foil, could be a Mechanismo droid.

von Boom

Quote from: Link Prime on 30 July, 2018, 04:35:00 PM
Quote from: dweezil2 on 30 July, 2018, 04:02:02 PM

von Boom

The Legendary Shark

Ah, if only we could get Patrick Stewart to play the Chief Judge...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

GrudgeJohnDeed

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 30 July, 2018, 09:51:53 PM
Ah, if only we could get Patrick Stewart to play the Chief Judge...

Oh man, I LOVE a bit of Patrick Stewart, that'd be amazing.

With Walter I totally agree that he might be too cheesy for a modern Dredd TV show. Perhaps he could have a small cameo though, as I do like him lots. Dredd runs out of ammo and throws him at a perp