Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatboydale

and bing ........ this is a new Purchase , and if the Mrs found out , my status would be single ...

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Fatboydale on 26 May, 2013, 08:41:31 PM
and bing ........ this is a new Purchase , and if the Mrs found out , my status would be single ...

How Dare you! :)
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Skullmo

Quote from: Bubba Zebill on 26 May, 2013, 08:44:56 PM
Quote from: Fatboydale on 26 May, 2013, 08:41:31 PM

How Dare you! :)

Well done!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Link Prime

4 GREAT pages there Dale, and a lovely Brett Ewins too Malak.

I've nothing 'new' to post, so here's a titillating Durham Red page by Mark Harrison to keep you ticking over.

Spikes

Quote from: Judge Jack on 26 May, 2013, 07:27:30 PM
And a lovely scan to show it off, as well. You invested in a new scanner Dave?

Quote from: malak brood on 26 May, 2013, 07:03:00 PM

Hey JJ!  You know, its a photo taken with my Canon E450......not bad huh?

Well, you are David Bailey, and i claim my £5! Great photo! Why didnt any of mine every turn out so good?

Wake

Quote from: Judge Jack on 26 May, 2013, 07:27:30 PMWow! Now that is a real knockout piece, and thats no mistake. Wake certainly had some choice items up for grabs, didnt he. Any more heading the forum's way Wake?

I visited Brett on Saturday. He was looking quite a lot better than when I last saw him (just before the incident). I looked through his pile of Skreemer artwork and selected a dozen pages to sell, so they should be up soon. I'm also planning to put up the Bad Company 2002 pages since I don't have any more of the earlier stories. The story itself wasn't that great but there's a lot of nice artwork in it, and I think that was Brett's last work for 2000AD.

Brett is currently writing a novel (a thriller) which he's hoping to get published by Alan McKenzie by Christmas. His arthritis means that he can't take on any drawing work (at least nothing with a deadline) but he is able to write quite fast (in all caps as per comic lettering) and someone else is then typing his work up after he has edited it.

ming

Good to hear that things seem to be better with Brett, Wake.  I'm about to re-read Skreemer for the first time since it came out; fond but rather hazy memories of it.

Skullmo

Quote from: ming on 28 May, 2013, 11:00:21 AM
Good to hear that things seem to be better with Brett, Wake.  I'm about to re-read Skreemer for the first time since it came out; fond but rather hazy memories of it.

It's a great series, back when James Joyce was a majo influence on Peter Milligan's writing.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you picked up Wake!

Sideshow Bob

I've just posted a link in the wrong place...I've posted it in Non 2000AD artwork thread...when it should have been posted here...
It's also in the eBay watch thread with links to eBay......

Just to let everyone know , there are what looks like 2000AD sketches for sale on eBay...( Links included in the eBay watch thread )....
They are NOT mine, I hasten to add, but saw them while perusing eBay..
Sketches are of...
Torqumada by Chris Weston...
Zenith by Steve Yeowell.
Nemesis by Henry Flint....This is  a good one..
Judge Dredd by Dean Ormston...

Maybe a chance for some of the 'newer' Collectors who are starting off,  to get a few pieces at a decent price...
Cheers.
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

hippynumber1

Link Prime

Two knockouts Mark.

Shame Mick Austin isn't doing anymore work for Tharg, he was somethin else.

Link Prime

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 30 May, 2013, 05:51:33 PM
This:

PS- think that's a security camera that's been 'revealed' in the top right corner, not a gun.

hippynumber1

Skullmo

It's a gun!!!!

And where is the 'with gracious thanks to Skullmo the magnificent' part!!