Main Menu

We draw closer to MegaCity 1

Started by auxlen, 29 January, 2018, 12:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Can those automated checkouts in supermarkets be classed as robots?  If so I've lost all sympathy for Call-Me-Kenneth's army.  Would that they all had but one neck.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

sheridan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 30 January, 2018, 10:14:46 PM
Can those automated checkouts in supermarkets be classed as robots?  If so I've lost all sympathy for Call-Me-Kenneth's army.  Would that they all had but one neck.

Yeah - I just came back from the supermarket and the robot gave me 90p in four twenties and five two pence coins.  What kind of service is that?  It should obviously have given me a fifty and two twenties.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: sheridan on 30 January, 2018, 11:57:28 PM

Yeah - I just came back from the supermarket and the robot gave me 90p in four twenties and five two pence coins.  What kind of service is that?  It should obviously have given me a fifty and two twenties.

I just prefer it when a person does it.  Soon that will be a thing of the past.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Big_Dave

JayzusB.Christ

I do believe that looks the better option.

sheridan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 02 February, 2018, 06:13:50 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 30 January, 2018, 11:57:28 PM

I just prefer it when a person does it.  Soon that will be a thing of the past.

There were a few people 'working' in the supermarket in question.  I think I was lucky in dealing with the robot to be honest...