Main Menu

Doctor Who Weekly/Monthly/Magazine

Started by pert, 22 February, 2014, 08:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pert

Pat Mills, Alan Grant, Dave Gibbons, Mike McMahon, Steve Dillon and John Ridgeway all contributed to this and Brian Bolland did some concept art for it but what other script and art droids would you like to have seen do a take on the Whoniverse? I'd love to have seen what Bellardinelli, Gibson, Ezquearra, O'Neil would have made of it

The Corinthian

Colin YNWA

Toni Scandella

QuickQuag

...not to mention Grant Morrison, Dan Abnett, Mike Farmer, Adrian Salmon and David Roache. But yeah Dom Reardon, Henry Flint or Fraser Irving - it's almost artist-proof 2000AD-wise! An Edgington Who strip might do quite nicely.

Also, congratulations to Eddie Robson for being the latest to bridge the DW-2000AD gap, albeit from Big Finish audios.
The views above are entirely my own. And there's the problem.

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

The Corinthian

Quote from: QuickQuag on 02 March, 2014, 12:04:41 AMAn Edgington Who strip might do quite nicely.

He wrote 'Universal Monsters' in DWM 391-393 in 2008.

pert

Ron Smith doing the Whoniverse would be good too!

judgerufian

Carlos Ezquerra could have repeated Johnny Alpha's haircut on Tom Baker era Dr. Who!

judda fett

More McMahon after getting the Panini reprint book featuring the only story Mick produced. Also reckon Cam would've done a great Doctor too. David Roach, Arthur Ranson and John Burns (though I'm certain he must've done some in Look In).

pert

Arthur Ranson did do one strip in DWM

The Corinthian

Roach has been a regular inker on the strip for over a decade, making the work of inferior artists look so much better.

John Burns has two Doctor Who strips to his credit: 'Woden's Warriors' in TV Comic Annual 1976; and the first quarter or so of Marvel's 'The Age of Chaos' (written by Colin Baker, but still not quite terrible enough to be so-bad-its-good despite some outrageous dialogue...)

judda fett

I'd love to see a collection of the pre DWW strips. I used to own two Dalek annuals (don't know what happened to them though), along with all the various and sundry comic outings I'm sure you could get a good couple of volumes of pre Marvel timelord action surely.

Hawkmumbler

Panini must own the rights as they reprinted two Dalek comics recently.

My vote goes to a reprint of the back up strips.

flip-r mk2

Quote from: judda fett on 03 March, 2014, 05:19:30 PM
More McMahon after getting the Panini reprint book featuring the only story Mick produced. Also reckon Cam would've done a great Doctor too. David Roach, Arthur Ranson and John Burns (though I'm certain he must've done some in Look In).

Arthur Ranson drew a Sylvester McCoy/7th Doctor strip a number of years ago.

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana