Main Menu

LOEG: The Tempest

Started by Leigh S, 14 July, 2018, 08:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

No one else got this?  I was surprised to find it in FP this afternoon... need a reread of the Black Dossier I think before tackling this

Steve Green

I've ordered it, but not turned up yet.

The Adventurer

Oh I got it. And I loved it. Great start, great references. So glad its back.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Trout

Me too. I enjoyed this a lot, especially the references to British superheroes.

sheridan

Out already - better try to remember to look for it tomorrow!

Proudhuff

Picked up number one of six, all good stuff and the feeling that all the loose end getting pulled together.
Art, refs and salutes all in there, along with Mr M usual rape references  ::)
DDT did a job on me

Apestrife

If anyone is interested here's Jason Nevin's annotations for the first issue http://www.jessnevins.com/annotations/tempestannotations.html

Can't say I recognize half of it, but I still liked it. A charming read. Really feels like Moore is set on finishing up the story.

Frank

TordelBack

Yeah,  enjoyed it.  Like the way it immediately ties directly into Black Dossier,  the Nemo books and of course Century, comic and text pieces both. No messing around here, Moore's heading straight for the finish line.

The Baxendale piece was good too,  can't believe I didn't know he'd stopped working for the Beano before I ever read it,  always assumed it was his stuff I'd started on.

sheridan

Quote from: Apestrife on 06 August, 2018, 09:07:06 PM
If anyone is interested here's Jason Nevin's annotations for the first issue http://www.jessnevins.com/annotations/tempestannotations.html

That's quite a read - though too hot for me to stand up and fetch the comic itself from the next room!  Have to re-read the page again when I have issue in front of me.

The Adventurer

So many Legion of Super-Hero references packed into page 2. 

Trout

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 August, 2018, 11:03:35 PM
Yeah,  enjoyed it.  Like the way it immediately ties directly into Black Dossier,  the Nemo books and of course Century, comic and text pieces both. No messing around here, Moore's heading straight for the finish line.

The Baxendale piece was good too,  can't believe I didn't know he'd stopped working for the Beano before I ever read it,  always assumed it was his stuff I'd started on.

When I started work for DCT in the 90s, his name was spoken only in hushed tones. I remember one editorial veteran saying to me: "He left under a cloud."

Andy B

Check out the cover for issue 6. Did Kevin O'Neill design that logo?

k

Not sure what's going on in this series, but it's a lot of fun: Moore and O'Neill going crazy with a mash-up of just about any comic style you can think of. [spoiler]Plus, turns out Purdey and Patsy were the same person.[/spoiler] Best League book for a long time.

Trout

And issue 4 has a single-panel appearance by Nemesis the Warlock!

The Adventurer

Quote from: Andy B on 16 January, 2019, 01:43:32 AM
Check out the cover for issue 6. Did Kevin O'Neill design that logo?

k

Wow! That is super cool, almost... ironic? poetic? that it's the final League issue and it's got 2000 AD theming for its cover design.