Main Menu

No Prog?

Started by Leigh S, 03 September, 2018, 06:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

No prog in Brum, and no thread?  Anyone seen this weeks?

Daveycandlish

Nope. Mine ain't turned up yet  :(
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Tjm86

Bank holiday last week.  Normally doesn't turn up 'til tuesday or even wednesday when that happens.

Don't worry, Thrill Suckers don't set in until after the fourth day.

broodblik

Go digital it is always on time
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Yep not here in Sheffield either. Was expecting it when I got home tonight but alas no not yet.

Geoff

Thrill-Suckers on the rampage in North London too!

SIP

Nothing in Liverpool either.

Tjm86

Quote from: broodblik on 03 September, 2018, 07:18:09 PM

There is something very satisfying though about having a solid, physical object in one's hand though.   ::)

Darren Stephens

No prog for the last two weeks.....
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

wedgeski

Quote from: Geoff on 03 September, 2018, 09:58:22 PM
Thrill-Suckers on the rampage in North London too!
I spotted one in Worcester that must have squeezed through my letterbox to nick my prog -- that, or it intercepted the postie mid-transit.

Mardroid

Quote from: Tjm86 on 04 September, 2018, 06:29:29 AM

There is something very satisfying though about having a solid, physical object in one's hand though.   ::)

An iPad, in my case. 🤣

Joking aside,while I love the freedom and accessibility of digital, I agree theres nothing quite like a physical comic.

Frank

Assuming someone is mental enough to wait till midnight then post a review*, will this be the first time the prog review thread's been bagged by a digital subscriber?

And will they remember to name the thread properly?

* Not me; I've got work in the morning.

I, Cosh

Bah! I was just about to say it's the evening hours of a Progless Tuesday when the digital subber reallly starts to feel the tension. The growing hope that just maybe you can bag the thread if you can stay awake until after midnight. The dreams dashed when somebody in Wolverhampton arrives home late from a double shift in the treacle mines to find his faithful Prog waiting on the mat.
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

No Prog here, although even if it does arrive, I shall leave it for digital subscribers to have that crack at the thread!

broodblik

Quote from: Tjm86 on 04 September, 2018, 06:29:29 AM

This is true, but I trust our postal services to deliver on time  as far as I can throw a piano.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.