Main Menu

reprints

Started by torquemada, 07 March, 2002, 02:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

torquemada

i think that the megazine should re-print the final solution. yeah yeah i know that people will complain and say nooo, it never happened, but i think that readers who missed it (myself included) should know what happened. Im sure im not the only one, please, somebody, BACK ME UP!

paulvonscott

Well, it all went horribly wrong last time the 2000AD Crown Court was in session, but Blackblood for one seems to think the Final Solution worth saving.

If they change Johnny Alpha's name to Fredward Globono and paste a picture of Jeffrey Archer over every his face then I'll read it again.

Cheers

PVS

2000AD CROWN COURT  
(INCORPORATING THE MEGA CITY VIGILANTE)

Anyone can join in!  Basically we're trying to find a story that no one likes and at the same time showing that even the most maligned strips have a friend.  As long as it hasn't been freed already, you can nominate anything.  There is a separate list for the many Dredd related strips.

THE LIST OF THE DAMNED...  
Agent Rat - Babe Race 2000 - Black Light - Chronos Carnival - Colony Earth - Dry Run - Firekind -Flesh: the Legend of Shamana - Green - Grudge Father (the) - Harlem Heroes:  Modern Era - Junker - Kola Kommandos - Mambo - Night Zero/Beyond Zero - Para Sites/Wirehead - RAM Raiders - Rick Random - Roadkill - Robohunter (Millar) - Rogue Trooper: Fleischer Era - Rogue Trooper: White Era - Rose O'Rion - Skizz III - Slaine: The Secret Commonwealth - Space Girls - Survivor - Tor Cyan - Trash - Urban Strike

DREDD LIST OF THE DAMNED...
Red Razors (2k Version) - Supersurf 13 - Harry Snotter - Star Drek - In the Year 2120 - Chopper:  Earth, Wind and Fire -

Just say you like a story (even better if you can put forward a convincing case for its defence) and it is freed and added to the list of the freed strips.

THE LIST OF THE SAVED... "Walk towards the light!"

ABC Warriors:  Khronicles of Khaos (Doug), Ant Wars (Wood), Armoured Gideon (Anaemic Newt/Wood), Bad Company 3 (PVS), Big Dave (Wood), Blackhawk (Milo), BLAIR 1 (Wood), The Clown (Wellsy), Danzig's Inferno (Wood), The Dead (Wood), Dead Meat (Wood), Dinosty (Watcher), Finn (Blackblood), - Future Shocks:  S. Moore (Fraston) Helltrekkers (PVS), Kelly's Eye (Wood), A Life Less Ordinary (Wake), Maniac 5 (Wood), Mean Team/Mean Arena (Anaemic Newt), Medivac 318 (Wood), Metalzoic (PVS), Really & Truly (Wood), Sancho Panzer (Logan), Shako (Milo), Shaky Kane/Shaky 2000 (Wood), Slaine: Entire Post Horned God Era (Matt), Slaughterbowl (Wood), Soul Gun Warrior (Wood), Strontium Dog:  Final Solution (Blackblood), Tales of Telguuth (Fraston) Tao de Moto (Steven LT), Time House (Wood), Vector 13 (Scojo), Zippy Couriers (Steven LT/Wood), Zenith Phase 3 (Jayzus BC)  Zzzenith.com (Steven LT).

THE DREDD LIST OF THE SAVED... "Walk towards the light creep!"

Dead Man (Scojo), Helter Skelter (Logan), Inferno (Wood), Necropolis (Wood), Judgement Day (Wood), Tale of the Dead Man (Logan), The Warlord (Logan)

The Amstor Computer

I'll back you up - but for the absence of Carlos Ezquerra on art duties, The Final Solution is one of the best stories I've had the pleasure of reading in 2000AD over the years.
It may have killed my favourite character - at the time - but it gave him the death that he deserved. The scene where Johnny walks out to what he knows will be his death... fucking superb.

Throw in the introduction of Feral (who subsequent writers shat all over), McNulty at his best & some absolutely stunning MacNeil artwork for the final chapter & you've got a tale screaming out to be reprinted.

Jenny-Mek

Gaah!
The Strontium Dog stuff HAS to be reprinted!
AFTER the rest of the ABC Warriors, mind.
Youthful, ignorant Jenny-Mek.

Thread Zero

Jenny,

You I'm are leaving so the right board when cos you I'm say bored ABC of is it cool.

scojo good never bye in code

Jenny-Mek

Um.
Well, I do like them. I'm sure in 10 or 15 years time, I'll be just the same as you.