Main Menu

System Shock 2 is back!

Started by Gothmog, 14 February, 2013, 02:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog

www.GOG.com is spreading the love this Valentine's Day by making System Shock 2 available to buy again after years of drowning in a legal mire.

The spiritual predecessor to Bioshock and IMHO one of the greatest games of all time. 
Graphical it's obviously dated but it wsan't necessarily the prettiest game when it was first released anyway.  It supports modern screen resolutions/dimensions but I'd rebind the controls before you start as default movement is QWEX with ASD for leaning.

So go on, treat yourselves to a nightmarish battle of wills with a psychotic AI.  It's what Valentine's Day is all about.

Rog69

Best. Game. Ever.

There are quite a few mods around to spruce the game up for anyone who finds the graphics a bit dated. There are updated textures and models and support for widescreen resolutions and I'm pretty sure somebody made higher res cut-scenes for it too a while back.
There was a huge unofficial patch released recently that fixed a load of stuff, I'm not sure if it's integrated into this release though or how well any of the mods etc will work with it.

I still have my original boxed copy of this but it takes some messing around with to it working on newer OS's so I will be picking up the GOG version too. I understand that there is a Steam version to follow soon.