Main Menu

Tharg at the Comic Con on Radio 5

Started by Hoagy, 19 July, 2010, 05:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Carroll

I just hope Matt didn't take the day off to come to the studio for this!

Mike Carroll

radiator

Nice little plug for The Life and Death of Johnny Alpha, but otherwise not exactly riveting stuff.

That Ian guy seems quite dour, don't know why they keep going back to him.

Millar is at least quick witted and media-savvy. Matt seemed a bit flustered (fair play - live radio interviews must be extremely nerve-wracking) and missed plenty of opportunities to plug 2000ad/Dredd - even the discussion about Johnny Alpha wasn't really explained properly.

Shame Bacon is away this week - he's a far better broadcaster and would have gotten a more interesting discussion going.

Lady Festina

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 22 July, 2010, 03:55:17 PM
Who is this Ian guy, exactly?
He's not the most cheerful.... or particularly talkative...

Millar at least is offering value for money in words per minute....

Jim_Campbell

Turned that off, it was annoying me so much.

Bah!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Mike Carroll

That's it? Man, that was pretty weak! Sure, Millar was interesting as always but Matt really should have pushed himself (and the comic) more!

uncle fester

I can't see such a base level of questioning inspiring anyone to seek out comics for the first time either. Poor on the interviewer's part.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 22 July, 2010, 04:00:55 PM
That's it? Man, that was pretty weak! Sure, Millar was interesting as always but Matt really should have pushed himself (and the comic) more!

In fairness though, Millar was doing a splendid job of talking over everyone!
I did a similar segemnet on a Radio Scotland show a few weeks ago, and after doing it realised that the only tactic that will really work is to talk and keep talking- something Millar has figured out brilliantly!

But yes... Ian..?

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm with Richmond on this, I employed the same tactic when I did my Hi-Ex interview on the radio down here. Get all the info out and don't leave any pregnant pauses so the presenter can interrupt, it's the only way  ;)

Jim_Campbell

I agree -- Millar's clearly got the hang of it, and came across very well. I was more annoyed by the idiotic questions.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bolt-01

Ian Culbard is a frequent collaborator with Ian Edginton and drew the Christmas Stickleback that D'Israeli didn't manage.

das

ny one record this & able to post for sharing ??
Confusion is Better Than Sex

Bolt-01

Surely someone got this? I know it wasn't brilliant, but it was deserving of archiving. Did CF get a copy for the cellar?

COMMANDO FORCES

Sadly and to my eternal shame I forgot to record it. I wonder if the BBC have it on archive so that we could ask for it to be made available on their iplayer!

BPP

Somebody ask Mark Millar - he's bound to have recorded himself.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd