Main Menu

2000AD Podcast with Alec Worley and Jon Davis Hunt

Started by bluemeanie, 18 August, 2010, 08:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

In this special episode we're joined by Alec Worley (King of the Future Shocks) and Jon Davis Hunt (Tempest, Transformers, 2000AD Cover Artist) to discuss their upcoming project "Age of the Wolf" which kicks off in prog 1700.
Along the way we also get into why Aquaman isnt crap (apparently), if it's possible to know the difference between G1 and G2 Transformers and still have sex with a real girl, and discuss just HOW weird Al Ewing really is.
Also lurking in there are some good tips for writers and artists looking to get their first break into the world of comics.

Direct download (or available under Geek Syndicate in itunes)
http://traffic.libsyn.com/geeksyndicate/ECBT2000AD-AOTW.mp3

Enjoyed this one and I think it came out pretty well. Hope ya like it

Pete Wells

Oooooooh, been looking forward to this one for ages. Reckon I'll listen to it this morning while working on the secret project piece...

bluemeanie

So I'm feeling this podcast raised a few questions that need answering

1) What type of thing do you lot think makes the best Future Shock? (not asked just so I can take notes and rip you off for my next submission, HONEST!   ::)  )

2) How much Transformers knowledge is TOO MUCH Transformers knowledge?

3) Aquaman, awesome or lame and more than a little fruity?

And just to finish, from the Jon Davis Hunt Collection 2008

cant act for shit, but DAMN!

radiator

I really enjoyed that, blue - it was your best interview podcast yet. I'm really looking forward to Age of the Wolf.

Richmond Clements

bluemeanie

Thanks Rich. Alec and Jon made it easy and fun to do as Im no interviewer.

Been meaning to get back to Colin MacNeil who was up for doing one, but really wanted to get Flint on as well seeing as he's the art guy. Makes it a bit tricky to arrange when he's 6 or 8 hours behind.

flintlockjaw

JOE SOAP

Quote from: bluemeanie on 19 August, 2010, 08:28:48 AM
So I'm feeling this podcast raised a few questions that need answering

1) What type of thing do you lot think makes the best Future Shock? (not asked just so I can take notes and rip you off for my next submission, HONEST!   ::)  )

2) How much Transformers knowledge is TOO MUCH Transformers knowledge?

3) Aquaman, awesome or lame and more than a little fruity?

1. Great Idea well told.

2. Anything that involves the Matrix, the Allspark...

3. Haven't the foggiest, sounds like he advertises toothpaste ala Milky Bar Kid.

Any way you can fix the audio levels in the podcast, balance 'em out more? Rich, you sometimes sound like you're 12 inches tall, and not in the part that matters. Please?

bluemeanie

Quote from: Garageman on 20 August, 2010, 06:29:48 PM
Any way you can fix the audio levels in the podcast, balance 'em out more? Rich, you sometimes sound like you're 12 inches tall, and not in the part that matters. Please?

Yeah, sorry about that. Bumped my audio up a bit on this one but it was still on the Willy Wonka side.
Got a new mic since then which is hopefully better. Think it was for the one I did with the Hod which was recorded after this one but put out first

wibbly wobbly timey wimey

JOE SOAP

Tweak72

Quote from: bluemeanie on 19 August, 2010, 10:30:19 AM
Been meaning to get back to Colin MacNeil who was up for doing one, but really wanted to get Flint on as well seeing as he's the art guy. Makes it a bit tricky to arrange when he's 6 or 8 hours behind.

Oh come ON your three big roughty toughty men and between the three of you you can get the interview sorted sooner rather than later despite a little thing like time zones issues. Or are you English or something?
;)
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

flintlockjaw

So, the Worleybird is a big FF Gamebook geek!
Sweeeeet! So, was I.

I remember watching 'The Book Tower' on ITV and Tom Baker was reading from 'The Warlock of Firetop Mountain'. I was so excited about the book...I ran off to the local booksellers and picked it up. Instantly hooked!

JOE SOAP

bluemeanie

Think I said on the thing but I got the first 2 FF books on the iphone now, they rock on there. Totally cool fit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVZcXsMGExk

Leigh S

Quote from: flintlockjaw on 20 August, 2010, 09:00:00 PM
So, the Worleybird is a big FF Gamebook geek!
Sweeeeet! So, was I.

I remember watching 'The Book Tower' on ITV and Tom Baker was reading from 'The Warlock of Firetop Mountain'. I was so excited about the book...I ran off to the local booksellers and picked it up. Instantly hooked!

Tom Baker + Warlock of Firetop Mountain = Brain explosion

My only memory of Book Tower is watching it with a growing sense of anger - "Why the hell is he talking to a mouse in a teapot when he could be travelling the universe instead of that  wet replacement"!  Seems I shot myself in the foot there. Baker reading Warlock.... faint.