Main Menu

Kind of Spoiler CD

Started by 2000AD Online, 20 June, 2002, 02:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

hey the Strontium Dog CD is superb.  The story ending is a little contrived (do they really need to take out someone's brain to get at their DNA?  I don't think so) but the music and voices are great, the whole thing drips with atmosphere and there are none of those false notes that we find on the Dredd stories.
   Dredd saying "Drokk, some kind of killer mechanoid" is okay in comics but sounds very daggy (naff for non Aussies) on CD.
  Well done Big Time!

The Amstor Computer

So did Simon Pegg do Johnny Alpha justice? How about the guy playing Wulf?

DavidXBrunt

The same guy who played Dredd played Wulf. And whilst his Dredd could take some work (not that it's bad) his Wulf is spot on. I can't imagine anyone esle being able to play the role better.

Middenface and the Gronk are both right as well. Able to do the funny and the straight.

As for Johnny, I've said it before but at first he sounds like Simon Pegg rowing with his girlfriend in a library, but by the end of the C.D. he's right. Not how I imagined Johnny, but right nevertheless.

paulvonscott

Yes the end is daft, they should have just said seh was compltely bonkers, it would have made the whole thing more amusing.

It's going to take a definite change in the way they do Judge Dredd before I buy any.  But, bring on more Strontium Dog in the meantime.

Simon Pegg should'nt be Johnny Alpha , but it works Blackblood!  He just sounds like some bloke rather than a clint eastwood impersonator on steroids, which I think works better.

Misanthrope

I've just bought the CD and thought it to be quite good. Simon Pegg did a good enough job, as someone said he just sounded like some normal (should that be abnormal?) bloke as I've always imagined Johnny Alpha to sound. But the star of the CD was Middenface "Let me show you how we kiss in Glasgow." Classic. Wulf and The Gronk were okay but the Gronk got a bit annoying after a while. On the whole a decent CD. Bring on the G.I.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

paulvonscott

But the gronk WOULD get annoying after a while :)

Yeah middenface was brilliant.  To me he sounded just like that big Scottish actor who was in happiness and Neverwhere, but its not, I had a look on the website.

2000AD Online

For mine, they all sounded good.  The Gronk was amazingly annoying at first but I got used to him.  Johnny sounded friendlier by the end (as well as more British).  I thought Wulf could have been funnier, but that's the script rather than the actor