Main Menu

Anyway. . .

Started by 2000AD Online, 12 February, 2002, 04:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

I've just spent the weekend wallowing in nostalgia. And looking back at everything, 2000 AD back progs and the sci-fi specials, annuals, etc., the most prominent thing in my mind is. . .

Just how old is Cassandra Anderson?

The 1984 annual implies she was born in 2080 but, if I remember correctly, Tharg once refuted this in the Nerve Centre. Either way, she must now at least be in her early forties.

Any musings?

And having re-read the first ten issues of Starlord, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Even the free gifts brought a smile to my face.

Thread Zero

Cassandra is err, no one knows I guess. I don't think her date of birth has ever been mentioned in 2k itself, so lets approach it like this:

When we first meet here in Judge Death (Prog 150 I think?) she is probably quite an experienced psi. That is why she is used to contact old Deathy. Age wise I'd say mid to late 20's?
This story was in 1980 so I think so she would be about 40 to 45 now.

So I guess I agree with you.

scojo

Thread Zero

But if we use 2080 as her birth date, and the current year is 2124, she would be...44!

Yeah it fits in with what I said.

scojo

Matt

But isn't the current timeline something like 2025? Which would mean Anderson hasn't even been born yet. Doh! I hate this timeline idea anyway

W. R. Logan

>But isn't the current timeline something like 2025? Which would mean Anderson hasn't even been born yet. Doh! I hate this timeline idea anyway

to work out Dredd's timeline just add 122 years to the present year.

2002 + 122 = 2124.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Matt

Cheers, I realised as soon as I hit post message that I done my maths wrong.