Main Menu

Frazer Irving Interview

Started by Will I. Cooling, 17 July, 2004, 04:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Woah there Will! I'm sure most of us thought you were just joshing about your near nervous breakdown in London!

Most people are great here and DO show genuine concern when things are tough (I'm quite a rare poster but got loads of unexpected emails about a year ago when I mentioned my little mam had died, even from 'evil' Trouty!)

We all dead appreciate the work you put into your interviews, articles and reviews and I'm sure the gang will cheer you up if you need still it and will do just about anything to help.

Take care,

Pete.

Will I. Cooling

I know, I know you so right pete. I realised the minute I posted the first message which is why I retracted it almost immediately. Really sorry, just a lot of family/sexuality issues are whirling in my head at the moment making me act a bit erratic.

Plus I've came down with the flu which is not only a pain but looks like its going to force me to delay sending off four interviews (Pat Mills, Carlos Ezquerra, Henry Flint and Garth Ennis).

I'm feeling a bit better today, came out as a bisexual to a load of mates plus I just got an autographed copy of The Bogie Man graphic novel from Alan Grant (a result of an interview I've just done with him) but still a lot of stuff going on.

Thanks for your kind words, although I didn't really deserve them after the first post.

Will

xxx
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

El Spurioso

"I'm feeling a bit better today, came out as a bisexual to a load of mates..."

Hey, welcome back from out of the closet, Will.  Is this something you've recently come to terms with, or something you've been driving yourself loco trying to hide from people?  I'm always fascinated by this stuff - I've heard so many different accounts of how/when/why people came to terms with their sexuality, and it's the sort of thing that I (boringly straight) have absolutely no concept of.  Of course I'll understand completely if the curiosity of a nosey bastard isn't something you're terribly comfortable with in a public forum, but either way it's good that you can be yourself around your friends now.

My ulterior motive here, of course, is to hijack Frazer's thread with 101 other subjects because, let's face it, that scruffy pencil monkey gets far too much publicity as it is.

Also, he's just fucked off to San Diego, so we can all be as rude about him as we like!  Hurrah!

Will I. Cooling

Hi Si,

Whilst its different for everyone I think my is pretty standard for men (less so women it seems) in that I realised when I was in my mid-teens. Obviously lots of stuff had been pointers before but I had never sexualised the feelings. It is of course bloody scary but whadda you gonna do.

I then managed to make things worse for myself by assuming that the flickerings of attraction for women I had was just a hangover from thinking I was straight which meant that I had to go throught the whole "coming to terms with my sexuality" for a second time a year later when I realised I liked them both (still prefer men though).

(If you want more on the subject I'd suggest Chasisty Bono's book Family Outing which whilst not brilliantly written with a few too many lapses into shrink talk has loads of these stories)

The stuff that's engulf me recently is a) when I am going to come out, 2) lack of solidatory amongst some gays to bisexuals and 3) my family are currently at each others throats 24/7. All very fun and I'm sorry I took this all out on everyone else.

Will
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Oddboy

after practically having a nervous breakdown during my trip to london

Sorry to hear about that Will - I'd kinda assumed that you'd been referring to the hideous transport system we have in London...didn't realise you were serious!

Better set your phaser to stun.

Will I. Cooling

Thanks Oddboy, although I found the tube a breeze (off peak and all that).

Will

Wils

It's great that you've come out and are coming to terms with things, but I'm afraid you *have* gone a bit Daffyd on us.

Will I. Cooling

"It's great that you've come out and are coming to terms with things, but I'm afraid you *have* gone a bit Daffyd on us."

I don't know what Daffyd means.

Sorry

Will

House of Usher

"I'm the only gay in the village". Said with a Welsh accent.

Matt Lucas. Little Britain.
STRIKE !!!

Bolt-01

Getting back On-topic, nice interview. lad to see the amount of 2000ad related interviews getting pimped here, or some of us would miss them.

Off-topic: hope you aren't as fed up now.

Bolt-01

Floyd-the-k

I too thought that `almost had a nervous breakdown` was just chitter chatter. Hope you`re alright.
  Good on you for coming out. How did that go?

yours interestedly,

Floyd

xxxxx

Will I. Cooling

I'm feeling a lot better know, thanks to everyone who asked and again really sorry for shouting at you all.

Will