Main Menu

Alan Moore in Telegraph

Started by Buttonman, 07 October, 2007, 06:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

Like it says, there is a pretty detailed piece about Alan Moore in todays Sunday Telegraph magazine. I noticed it whilst buying my Sunday Sport.

Link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2007/10/07/sv_alanmoore.xml&CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox" target="_blank">Beware : Contains Scary Photo

I, Cosh

I bought The Observer for the free copy of Stop Making Sense.
We never really die.

Peter Wolf

Bollox .I forgot about that cd.Do you know if it is the standard theatrical version or the extended version like the CD reissue with extra tracks ?

In my opinion Stop Making Sense is the definitive Talking Heads album.

Many thanks

Peter.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

paulvonscott

Marvellous piece in the telegraph, thanks!  

Thought the writer got Lost Girls weighed up pretty precisesly, and the piece was fun and interesting.

I, Cosh

Do you know if it is the standard theatrical version or the extended version like the CD reissue with extra tracks?

Not entirely sure, but it's got 16 tracks which is double what was on the LP.

It's undoubtedly the definitive version of Psycho Killer, but I'd say their best album is Remain In Light. Can't think of a duff track on that one.
We never really die.

Trout

"We were haemorrhaging readers, but the ones who stayed behind had presumably sustained such neurological damage that they were no longer capable of cancelling their subscription"

HAW! What a card, he is.

Overall, that's one of the best interviews with a comics writer I've ever read. Bloody good stuff.

- Trout

petemaskreplica

"Do you know if it is the standard theatrical version or the extended version like the CD reissue with extra tracks?"

Haven't watched it yet (or even really looked at it beyond registering that it was there) but I very much doubt a film given away free with a  newspaper is going to be anything other than the bog standard normal version.

Good interview. I'm looking forward to Alan's 2 million-word epic about his living room. :)

DavidXBrunt

There's a section on the website of Susana Clarke, author of that piece and Jonathon Strange and Mister Norrell, where she raves about Watchmen. I like to think that one or two people who would never have read it otherwise will pick it up thanks to people like her.

Peter Wolf

That was quite an interesting interview in places.I like alan Moore a lot because he is an individual rather than being a big fan of his work.I have to say as well that i didnt rate the artwork in the lost girls GN either and the GN seems like something that they wanted to do for themselves rather than a commercial proposition but i could be wrong.

Back to hawking Teds i dont actually like them that much in general except [some of] Remain In Light and Stop Making Sense.Also i like naked a lot but not really anything else.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

That was the best interview with Moore that I've ever read, and I've got a shelf full of 'em.  Informed and informative.  Thanks a million, buttonman.

Buttonman