Started by Proudhuff, 03 December, 2019, 03:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

:-X

(Updated Thread title...)
DDT did a job on me

Eamonn Clarke

The colours out of space by S.K.Moore

It is rumoured to look like this but has not been seen in the wild yet.

IndigoPrime

Colin YNWA

Mines arrived so better rush a review in before the proll... the regular shop folk come along.

The title of this thread can now also be change the

Prog 2160 - The red, white and blew

Excellent pun and inside ain't bad either. Dredd continues in its way very nicely. Mind you'd think with the clues available to the mugger chap the call of [spoiler]robot[/spoiler] would have been more likely than the one he went with?

Defoe is definately there. Brink is so all there. Its another supreme episode, this time with added cop work. Love it.

As I love Hope which is grimly brilliant once again as battle is joined. Battle is constant in Fall of Deadworld and damnit its quite fantastic fun in the darkest most wonderful way.

Keep it up Tharg, until we get to the X-Mas break.

broodblik

Good prog. This current run was great and now for the finales next week. Yes and for all your  Aquila fans (even if it is only me) out there it is coming back with art by Patrick Goddard.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

oshii

Anybody else's prog a little trimmed round the edges again?

CalHab

Quote from: oshii on 04 December, 2019, 07:55:09 AM
Anybody else's prog a little trimmed round the edges again?

They've trimmed it completely (no prog).

norton canes

Not read the whole thing yet but I've got to say, any publication featuring the line "Someone replaced Baroocha's amputated arm with the exact amount of munce you ordered on the day of the amputation" is absolutely fine with me.

I, Cosh

Quote from: broodblik on 04 December, 2019, 02:43:27 AM
Yes and for all you Aquila fans (even if it is only me) out there it is coming back with art by Patrick Goddard.
Aye, was quite happy to see that.
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

Tharg says Brink continues through to 2020. I'd be happy if Tharg said it continued through 2020 (as in, all of it). Top stuff. Really enjoying it. Dredd's fine (nice with the sentence stuff, which felt very Wagner). Deadworld's still slightly baffling me after loving it prior to the Sov stuff. I think I need a re-read to get the Byke stuff. Hope is creepy, and begs a re-read. Defoe: I like the art a lot, bar the blurry bits. Some really striking design and linework. As for the script, it probably warrant a re-read, but I kind of feel I need to read through Defoe from the beginning and it's way back in the queue.

Buttonman

Still no Prog here at Watson Towers - soon it will be a week late and I won't notice anymore!

hippynumber1

Nothing in North Warks either. 😔

Bolt-01

Prog was waiting for me back at FQP base last night so I took my time and slowly absorbed the thrills.

#Praise Tharg!

norton canes

It's a 2/3 split for me this week, Brian. The Dredd story is doing all the right things but not really hitting the spot; and elegantly readable as Brink is, I still can't shake the feeling that it's not living up to the macabre glory of previous chapters. And with those hate boxes installed all over the habitat, has no-one else ever thought of using the their voice recognition ability to track criminals?

Luckily we have three strips working their way to wonderfully gory conclusions, with Hope emerging at the top of this week's pile.

broodblik

I think I get it why you feel that way about Brink. It is like a series you watch where the main storyline does not move forward but rather, we get a lot of filler episodes. We are now almost where episode 1 left us. With this we did get some good back-story and gives our hero a more human side to her which we can relate to.  Brink still remains a top-notch thrill and one of the best stories the last few years.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.