Main Menu

cheeeeeesy

Started by 2000AD Online, 26 November, 2002, 01:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

Is it just me, or does the new Megazine cover and Lad Mag insert really really suck?

Devons Daddy

I agree with you floyd

we can do better then that.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Art

Agreed. It was terminaly naff.

djok

has any on seen the new toxic comic out do you know if it is a rerelease of a classic or a rip off

Tu-plang

Lad mag insert?

P.S. I'm from Oz and won't get the current Meg til about February.

Wake

Lad mag article is probably a better description than insert.

Wake

Art

Its basically Tharg, under a false name (Matt something), saying "Cor, look at the knockers on that". Its not exactly highly dignified.

Slippery PD

I think the idea that someone in the 2000ad office liked the model and wanted her phone number or something, is probably the best.

- yer slippo

JimBob

If he succeeded I'm happy to put up with it this once, if not then I dont want them to keep on trying till they cop off with a model. though if they want help painting Nell Mcandrew blue for a venus feature I will offer my help : )

Jared Katooie

It was crap, yes. I think we all thought so.

Can I have your autograph?

J.

Tiplodocus

I think we should be supportive of any attempt at copping off.  Seinfeld once said that a Shuttle launch was actually delayed because one of the astronauts was on a promise.  There aren't may things more important in life.

If the cost of one of the editorial team copping off with some FHM friendly model is that everybody laughs at me when I walk out of a newsagent carrying a copy of 2000AD with a photorealistic picture of a half-naked Venus Bluegenes with the strap line "BIG BAZOOKAS" then it's one I'm willing to pay.

But yeah, it was cheesy.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Art

You know, scene in this light I feel like I've been a bitter and misguided individual in complaining about the cover. After all, who am I to get in the way of getting in an editors attempt to cop off with models?

Queen Firey-Bou

If i may be so bold as to offer a female perspective on this one....er a) she disnae look like our Durham, b) on the inside cover she looks bloody stupid, c) really don't care about gratuatious bazookas... its a comic after all , but d) Is copping off really a problem for blokes or is it just an editor thing?  Cos hey Thargy honey just say the word.

Slippery PD

In a word yes!  Coz you women think we are infantile unemotional louts who want to look at perfect women in magazines :-)...........  Or thats what my wife says to me!!!

yer "married" slippo

eggonlegs

ah but all us 2k boarders have a finely honed sense of humour ish