Main Menu

fiends of the eastern front

Started by 2000AD Online, 19 December, 2002, 06:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

i read this for the first time in meg 201 and i must say its a brilliant story though i must admit i never saw that ending coming.

mongor2003

I loved the o.t.t dialougue, especially the bit where Hans lobs a grenade at his friend to stop him turning into a vampire...."Danke Hans AAAIIIIEEEEEE"

The Love Doctor

Not read it yet. Will do tomorrow, and looking forward to it i am.
Now, how to get me a little logo in the stylee of you guys? Not OF you, of course, just like yours. Well, similar. Well, you know.

The Doc

Jimcook

Yeah it's great. I've wanted to read this for a long time.

Trout

(Doc, click on Help, bottom left)

On Fiends, how about that Carlos art, then folks?

Ezquerra's b&w, pre-digital age has something utterly unique, messy, atmospheric about it.

Now I really want to read the Stainless Steel Rat again...

- Trout

Last of the V8's

Fiends is an absolute classic so well done Tharg for reprinting it.
So whats the story with these 2000ad Gold things.
Is this a regular monthly extra mag with the meg ?
Or is it a new name for the Megs reprint section?

Oddboy

I was a bit suspicous that the extra bumper size Meg page count included the suppliment pages...
The meg's shrunk & they've shrinkwrapped it to The Best Of 2000AD Monthly.
Better set your phaser to stun.

judge dreddd

FANTASTIC, just FANTASTIC, had lingering memories of this from the meg homage but to read the whole thing, strip to strip is just ace.

Love the 'read 2000ad & tornado ad' as well.

Reading a story from start to end gives it a whole new dimension.

I think these reprints are great, i dont remember everything i read as a kid and its good stuff so why not.

Slaine next,,, all i vaguely remember about that is 'berserkin', well i think it was that strip.

I never figured that ending either, unusual for a comic, not to figure the ending BEFORE the ending.

great stuff.. scary full moon tonight,ooo,, scary

Al_Ewing

If it's the Slaine I think it is, it's got the all-time top Slaine cliffhanger ever -  "The type two killed six gladiators just getting it back in its cage... and you're fighting the type three."

That was what got me reading 2000AD...
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Devons Daddy

wasnt it wonderful.
 22 years on and its still a brillant story. i never really got into the first time around. i was too young i think.
i was 13 and it was not quite my thing back then.but reading it again now. WOW. moment.i think the whole meg this month is superb though. the calendar.the fiends of the eastern front supplement.
i have  not even read the meg itself yet.looking forward to an ice cold beer and supreme seclusion with a low tide and an empty jacuzzi tommorrow to indulge this pleasure.
but the art looks zarjaz and the line up. i can harldy contain myself.
i must be vigelant.
i must be behave
i must be pure
i must wait and overdose tommorrow,what a day its going to be.
this is the meg at its finest.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Bolt-01

I loved seeing this again. And our kid enjoyed it too (11 years old). Carlos' art was alway superb.

I am stoked about the Slaine story, especially as one of the pages was the basis of the main piece for my art 'O' level (I am that old).

dave6795

Capt.Zeep

That's it, I have to get a Meg subscription.  (Don't think Girlfrendo's taken the hint)...
I just recently reread "Fiends" as it was in the same old progs as the original VCs... as well as "Judge Child" and loads more...aaah great days...(mumble mumble jumpers for goalposts)
But yeah carlos artwork fantastic, and the story so original (can't mind who wrote it ).
Must get the meg tho' for whatever Slaine's about to be reprinted.