Main Menu

Dredd Movie Gossips

Started by Matt, 15 May, 2002, 05:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBob

Nah disagree sorry. I think Denzel Washington would be a great Bruce Wayne, much better than Val - Bloody - Kilmer. Speaking as a pasty Ginger and probably Scotlands only tory left I can assure you I haven't got an agenda i just think with a little imagination  over casting to get the right man is more important than making sure it looks exactly like the comic. I hated Stallone and physically he and Arnie are perfect but they don't work for me in the roll. Personally eastwood 10 years ago would have been my ideal Dredd but you can't always get what you want  

paulvonscott

No, Jimbob, I agree that Denzil Washington would make a great bruce wayne.  Better than Kilmer, Keaton and... was there another?  Neither to me looked like Bruce Wayne, Kilmer had a girly pouting mouth, with lisptick on and Keaten looks like a bargain basement jack nicholson.

But I just think that you either do a faithful version or you throw all preconceptions about the subject matter out the window.  The last dredd film was halfway between the two, not a happy medium.

Matt

I think Jodie Foster would make a great Dredd, after all Dredd his gender is irrelevant as he's a cypher really.

Trout

I've obviously missed a huge debate on Dredd casting, so I'll add my tuppence-worth now.

Is Bernard Bresslaw still with us?

MikeD

paulvonscott

BERNARD!

Alas, no, but I do love the bloke.

"Ere sid, wot you doing?"

"Calll me death ssssssinnner"

lol

p.s. Dredd is not a cypher, a very big mistake that people make in my opinion.

unclebacon

How about Claire Forliani? The opening sequence could have Dredd removing her clothing whilst being sprayed with yoghurt. I'm sure the film would sell...

Oddboy

We all wanted it to be Harrison Ford since the eighties when Dredd movies were first thought about and the only thing that's changed is that they're both a lot older now.  So it'd still work.

P.S. The other Batman was George Clooney.
Better set your phaser to stun.

SovietSam

I like killing.....diiiie  ddddiiiieeeeee    ddddiiiiiieeeeeee!! HE HE HE!!