Main Menu

Why can't I send or receive messages?

Started by MeNameIsDan, 29 August, 2011, 08:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeNameIsDan

I joined the forum a few weeks ago and whilst I can post I can't send or apparently receive messages. Is there something I need to do to enable this?

Apologies if this is explained elsewhere but I can't find any reference to it in the help.

Thanks,

Dan.

Emperor

Because of problems we've been having, we have instituted a system where all new members go into a "Newly Arrived" group, where they can be moved onto "Member" after a while. The NA group doesn't seem to have PM privileges, which does make it a bit difficult for people trying to sell things in the Classifieds, so I have flagged this as a problem and we'll look into it.

The simple solution is to get stuck into the forum and you'll eventually become a Member.

[edit: Just doubechecking and I must admit I thought I'd already made you a member as you'd posted about it in Classifieds, fixed now]
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

MeNameIsDan

Emperor

OK we've changed the settings and New Arrivals can now use the PM system. Of course, we'll keep an eye on the situation and if it is being abused we can change it back, but I'm not aware of (m)any incidents where a new account signed up and hammered out spammy/abusive PMs, so I don't see this being a problem (unless I've given people ideas I suppose).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Jon

On a similar note I had become a full member and, after the server migration, had my privileges reset to NA (though, for some reason, the image I uploaded remained). Will this change back with time, or is it dependent on posting? I'd held off posting too much on the chance that the missing day's posts might be recovered...

Emperor

Quote from: antifrog on 08 September, 2011, 04:35:14 PM
On a similar note I had become a full member and, after the server migration, had my privileges reset to NA (though, for some reason, the image I uploaded remained). Will this change back with time, or is it dependent on posting? I'd held off posting too much on the chance that the missing day's posts might be recovered...

The Missing Week removed everything so will have set back accounts that were changed too. I've  fixed yours and will take a look at the members list to see if anyone else has reverted.

Jon