Main Menu

2000AD 40th Anniversary - 11th Feb 2017 - London

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 September, 2016, 06:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

Quote from: Spikes on 02 December, 2016, 07:19:56 PM
Yep, that's some tasty line up alright. Easier to say who isn't going, and speaking of which; No Bolland and O'Neill?

Not everyone invited has confirmed or is able to confirm with us yet. Owen's doing a cracking job bringing this line-up together - plenty more names to come!

Bolt-01

Owen? What sort of name is that for a droid? Has it got delusions of humanity?

Surely it should be 0/N

Molch-R

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 02 December, 2016, 07:36:22 PM

My apologies, I refer - of course - to OW3-N.

Spikes

Quote from: Molch-R on 02 December, 2016, 07:33:29 PM
Quote from: Spikes on 02 December, 2016, 07:19:56 PM
Yep, that's some tasty line up alright. Easier to say who isn't going, and speaking of which; No Bolland and O'Neill?

Not everyone invited has confirmed or is able to confirm with us yet. Owen's doing a cracking job bringing this line-up together - plenty more names to come!

:thumbsup:

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Molch-R on 02 December, 2016, 07:39:44 PM

Watt-Bott.

Mardroid

I noticed that article got the date wrong earlier in the article (12th instead of 11th. They have the correct date later in the article though. )  But yes, that's quite  line-up.

I doubt I'll make it to the main event  (way too expensive for me) but I'm going to something else in the locale that evening. Be great to meet for a drink or two at some point!

sheridan

Quote from: Molch-R on 02 December, 2016, 07:39:44 PM

That's more like it - let a droid use a human name and they'll get ideas above their station!

dweezil2

Any chance of a variant cover for the 40th anniversary Prog exclusive to the convention?  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Steve Green

I'd be quite surprised if a sketch cover hadn't been considered - if you're not going to do it for the 40th then when?

dweezil2

Quote from: Steve Green on 03 December, 2016, 10:46:28 AM
I'd be quite surprised if a sketch cover hadn't been considered - if you're not going to do it for the 40th then when?

Nice!  :)

Fingers crossed!  ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Spikes

Quote from: Steve Green on 03 December, 2016, 10:46:28 AM

The 50th? That'll be the big one.  ;)

Mute77

Bit of a dumb question probably but will there likely be opportunities to buy original art at this bash? 

Dandontdare

I wouldn't be surprised - a lot of art droids tend to turn up to these things with a folder of stuff for sale - usually at much better prices than you'd get elsewhere. Simon Davies for example sells beautifully painted pages at bargain-basement rates at most cons I've seen him at.

Even if they haven't brought any along on the day, it's a chance to make contact, ask what they've got, discuss prices or even order commissions etc

Proudhuff

eeek1 i hope Ian kennedy gets my Dredd book back to me by then...  :o :(
DDT did a job on me

Skullmo

Quote from: Mute77 on 07 December, 2016, 12:46:50 PM
Bit of a dumb question probably but will there likely be opportunities to buy original art at this bash?

If anyone would like some Carlos Ezquerra art message me and I can get it arranged. He has classic pages available from SSR, Strontium Dog, Necropolis, Judgment Day, as well as lots of modern stuff but let me know before the end of the year if you can.
It's a joke. I was joking.