Main Menu

...well, it depends on your point of viewpoint....

Started by O Lucky Stevie!, 25 March, 2002, 03:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Lucky Stevie!

>heard a couple of tracks off it, though. sounds good. what do you think of it?

my apologies for taken so long for getting back to you on my thoughts regarding cornelius's new album 'point', wood (no doubt you've already scored yr own copy by now!) i've been mulling over it for awhile, & whilst it's not as bonkers eclectic as fantasma, it's still a mighty fine record.

speaking of eclecticism, over the past weekend i continually listened to cornershop's 'handcream for a generation' & can happily report that if when 'i was born for the 7th time' was their 'screamadelica', then this latest is their 'world clique' (ie, a very fine thing in my eyes... bit of synaesthesia for you there). badly drawn boy's soundtrack for 'about a boy' sounds a charm, & i can highly recommend the new 'blank tapes cd sampler #4 '(see link below for more details)

i've wet my knickers!
steven lenfant terrible

Link: http://users.senet.com.au/~hftd/blanktapes.html" target="_blank">blank tapes

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Wood

I still haven't got a vopy yet, you know. I've been pretty strapped recently. But you're clearly a man of taste and discretion.
:D

The cornershop album has also been added to my (expanding beyond all reasonable hope of gaining all the titles 'to obtain' list)

O Lucky Stevie!

>But you're clearly a man of taste and discretion.

as--it seems--are you, wood

i've wet my knickers!
a humble steven l'enfant terrible
(who'a trying not to sulk due to stereolab playing half a continent away this week & he's  no means making it over for this tour...oh well, he's seen them thrice before & the minky morgane is no longer with the groop)
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

O Lucky Stevie!

oh, & has anybody heard the new boards of canada album yet? simon reynolds gushes about it in the latest uncut (big hi to peter hogan & michael bonner!) but any other reports would be greatly appreciated.

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible

eggonlegs

mmmmmmmmmmorange

O Lucky Stevie!

>mmmmmmmmmmorange

really? you've sold me on it, eggonlegs!

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible