Main Menu

‘Dark Judges’ Online Miniseries

Started by JOE SOAP, 06 October, 2014, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bat King

Quote from: mimikeke on 13 October, 2014, 06:10:42 PM
Good lord, could they at least be bothered to describe it or at least sound excited?! I'd have written in all caps if I'd have been there!

On my end, I haven't heard anything from ppl at NYCC, guess they didn't go  :'(

Yeah I think we are all really wishing we'd clubbed together and sent you to stake it out.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

ABCwarBOT

Even though I find Judge Death a bit naff I heard about this today and thought I'd have a look, but nothing.   Strange!

mimikeke

Quote from: Bat King on 13 October, 2014, 09:55:34 PM
Yeah I think we are all really wishing we'd clubbed together and sent you to stake it out.

Hey, if you guys offer....  :P  This did remind me to actually register this year for San Diego Comic Con's professional badge, in case anything exciting doesssss happen Dredd-related in the next year.  Maybe a 2nd episode will be out by then. (If anything I'll be able to meet a real life person who likes 2000AD.  I did meet a seller at APE who was able to name drop Brian Bolland and talk to me about buying the Jock illustrated script and I wanted to hug him but I just acted really chill haha.  The only person I get to talk to about this comic in real life is my poor poor husband.)

Misanthrope

Quote from: mimikeke on 13 October, 2014, 08:17:09 PM
Bleh, can't modify my post....

Wouldn't mind a little Bruce Timm styled animation!  :lol: :lol:

I always used to watch Batman TAS wishing they could do something similar with Dredd.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

JOE SOAP

Word has it that the series is partly a Dark Judges origin story - using elements of Young Death: Boyhood of a Superfiend.

dweezil2

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 14 October, 2014, 09:32:43 AM

Word has it that the series is partly a Dark Judges origin story - using elements of Young Death: Boyhood of a Superfiend.

Cool!   :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Goaty

Good, I would still prefer PSI Judge gone rogue. But wait and see the series.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Goaty on 14 October, 2014, 10:08:00 AM
Good, I would still prefer PSI Judge gone rogue. But wait and see the series.

It's not likely to be anything to do with the film version of Dredd. For good reason.

ABCwarBOT

I hope it's live action and not animated.   

Zenith 666

As much as I loved Dredd 3D an animated movie is probably the only way we could get comic dredd on film.

JOE SOAP

amines2058

I hope when they say on FB that it looks like a 90's MTV cartoon they refer to Aeon Flux and not Beavis & Butthead.
I could see the Aeon Flux style of art work really well on translating Peter Doherty's Young Death art to the big screen.

ABCwarBOT

One of those 90s MTV type animations?    Doesn't sound too promising.

Steve Green

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 15 October, 2014, 01:03:35 AM
As much as I loved Dredd 3D an animated movie is probably the only way we could get comic dredd on film.

Oi! ;)

JOE SOAP

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 15 October, 2014, 06:26:48 AM
One of those 90s MTV type animations?    Doesn't sound too promising.

If you only want it to be live-action it'll be a disappointment either way. I thought a lot of those MTV Liquid TV/Oddities style cartoons had a decent sense of character.