Main Menu

‘Dark Judges’ Online Miniseries

Started by JOE SOAP, 06 October, 2014, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

"Had to be quiet for a months but pleased to finally announce my involvement working with Adi Shankar and The Junquera Brothers on Judge Dredd: Superfiend. Very excited for you to see the finished result! I worked on the animated titles for the series! What are your thoughts so far? are you excited for the series? - Oliver Hollingdale (Director - Cursed Edge)"

M.I.K.

shaolin_monkey

I am really really looking forward to this!!

The problem with stills from an animation is they lack animation, ;) and it's the movement that really makes a good cartoon. Samurai Jack is a great example of this. A lot of the time the stills make it look like crudely drawn nonsense, but once you add movement, timing and nuance, it becomes a whole new ball game.

I'm hoping this cartoon mini-series does the same, and I for one cannot bloody wait to see it! Roll on the 28th!!!

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Oh dear. I was hoping for something along the lines of Dirty Laundry  :'(

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 20 October, 2014, 09:38:46 PM
Oh dear. I was hoping for something along the lines of Dirty Laundry  :'(
i fear it's more shitty laundry...

DrRocka

Reminds me far too much of IDW Dredd for my liking, but if it helps spread the word then I suppose it's all for the good...

Gutted it's not live action, though.
Never ever bloody anything ever

shaolin_monkey

Oh come on guys!!  What a great time to be a Dredd/2000AD fan!

We've had a good number of years of cracking Dredd stories in the Prog now, then we got a bloody good film, there's a cool 2000AD documentary en route, and now we're getting an animated series! 

I can't believe anyone is actually grumbling about this!!!!

Goaty

SuperSurfer

I like those images. Remind me of Adult Swim.

Looking forward to it.

dweezil2

I'm looking forward to watching it!   :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Albion

Me too. I'll judge it when I've actually watched it. Looks fine for a cartoon version to me.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

IndigoPrime

Nothing wrong with a Dredd cartoon; hell, it might even make someone commissioning shows think: "Now, there's a good idea!" As for live action, I'll bet had that happened, it would have been a whole lot shorter, and everyone would be griping about the special effects.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 20 October, 2014, 11:29:34 PM
As for live action, I'll bet had that happened, it would have been a whole lot shorter, and everyone would be griping about the special effects.

And no Karl Urban.

TordelBack

I like the look of this so far.  The portraits on Death's wall are cool.  I'm a little unsure why the comics uniforms were used, but I'm not complaining.

Angry Vince

Took me a bit to get my head around the style, but, hell, I'll watch this.
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)