Main Menu

‘Dark Judges’ Online Miniseries

Started by JOE SOAP, 06 October, 2014, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonR

Richmond Clements

Steve Green

I think the script and sound/voice acting is going to have to be a lot better than their Punisher one to keep it going.

Kev Walker's style seemed like a pretty good template for doing an animated Dredd, but maybe this kind of style will draw in an audience that otherwise might not be interested.

There are a whole bunch of pissed-off 2012 fans expecting 'Dirty Laundry with Karl Urban' though.

I'm curious to see how the viewing figures perform over the course of the web series...

CrazyFoxMachine

Really shocked by the stills - very poor, very poor indeed

But the trailer is kinda nice actually. Still a bit weird and ropey like a web cartoon from the mid-noughties... but no fear, as a Dredd fan I am just SUPER GRATEFUL that this is being made at all. It would be LITERALLY INSANE to be EVEN SLIGHTLY critical of this new endeavour, after all.

...right?

Richmond Clements

Quoteas a Dredd fan I am just SUPER GRATEFUL that this is being made at all.

I recognise your ironicalness, Foxy, but this kind of attitude mystifies me. I really don't get this 'It's shite yes, but we should be grateful of anything' attitude.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I am even more dumbfounded after the trailer. Just.... what?

However, lest I be accused of negativity, low-rent and wildly inappropriate animation can definitely work. Doctor Who: Scream of the Shalka was actually quite fun.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 21 October, 2014, 08:54:38 PM
as a Dredd fan I am just SUPER GRATEFUL that this is being made at all. It would be LITERALLY INSANE to be EVEN SLIGHTLY critical of this new endeavour, after all.

...right?

Right!!!!!  :D

:P ;)

I liked it anyway.

Link Prime

8-Ball

I can't say that I am that fussed either way about this. Adi Shankar has ponied up his own dough to produce this. No one is being made to watch it and ultimately it will join the ranks of all the other not-for-profit Judge Dredd fan films on the interwebs. I'm minded to go with the flow on this one. :D
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

TordelBack

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

That teaser wasn't what I was expecting, even from the stills, but I'm still firmly in wait-and-see mode.  I'd probably be effusively fawning over it if it came from a 'regular' fan, but with professional involvement (however voluntary) I feel more reserved.  It does look fun, and nice that it exists.  Hmmm.

pauljholden

For something so in love with the source material there's precious little mention of same on that trailer. (Plenty of room for the producer's credit and the written by Credit though...)

-pj

Rusty

Strange art direction. They've taken a very simplistic and more cartoonish approach with the characters directly from the comic, yet the city looks to be directly inspired by the 2012 film. I'm not sure that works at all. Also, the whole thing could hinge on the voice of Death. A shoddy attempt at that could instantly make this awful.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: pauljholden on 21 October, 2014, 10:31:38 PM
For something so in love with the source material there's precious little mention of same on that trailer. (Plenty of room for the producer's credit and the written by Credit though...)

-pj

Very good point. In my excitement I completely missed that. Fingers crossed it is remedied in each full episode.

M.I.K.

Wagner & Ezquerra are mentioned on the poster, so I'm guessing they'll be in the credits, at least.

Beeks

I find it hilarious that Dredd fans are not ecstatic about this

What's more I think it looks top!

Definitely has a tongue in cheek 'Adult Swim' vibe going on

Should be a giggle..and that's what it should be taken as

I'm really looking forward to it

More Dredd on the screen can never be a bad thing ;-)
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens