Main Menu

‘Dark Judges’ Online Miniseries

Started by JOE SOAP, 06 October, 2014, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu101

Quote from: Beeks on 22 October, 2014, 12:43:04 AM
More Dredd on the screen can never be a bad thing ;-)

Never say never Beeks, I recall thinking something similar in '95

Think this animation could be interesting though, is it connected to the other Dredd animation that we saw character designs for a few months back?

COMMANDO FORCES

No, that's a separate animation project altogether.

shaolin_monkey

Aren't we lucky folks ?! TWO Dredd animation projects!!

I feel positively spoilt!

SuperSurfer

I like the quirky loose feel to this. It's the creators' personal take on the characters and world of Dredd. 'Bootleg' is apt.

I am glad it's not a conventional approach. I am fed up of bland and conventional. I see enough of that every time I go into a superhero (comic) shop.

(Must say though, I find that Copperplate font totally out of place.)

blackmocco

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 22 October, 2014, 01:30:01 AM
No, that's a separate animation project altogether.

I just wanted to have that repeated. It'll help me sleep tonight.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Angry Vince

Y'know, I actually quite like the teaser. More than I thought I would.
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

Steve Green

Quote from: pauljholden on 21 October, 2014, 10:31:38 PM
For something so in love with the source material there's precious little mention of same on that trailer. (Plenty of room for the producer's credit and the written by Credit though...)

-pj

This ^^^^

Spaceghost

It doesn't look anywhere near as awful as people are making out but it is rough, cartoony and completely removed from the tone of the film, and that will turn a lot of people off.

I'm still waiting to see it before I start griping. It all hinges on the story and how it's told.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Goaty

Late to this, I loved it! Looks great! like the editing even Dredd in it.

Tiplodocus

Sadly, nothing has grabbed my attention so far. 

Will give the first episode a watch and hope it's for me.

If it is, good. I'll watch more.

But if it isn't, I won't lose sleep over it. But more importantly, I won't whine like an entitled douche.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Goaty

radiator

QuoteIt doesn't look anywhere near as awful as people are making out but it is rough, cartoony and completely removed from the tone of the film, and that will turn a lot of people off.

I agree. The stills aren't particularly flattering, but it looks much better in motion imo. It looks like it'll have a kind of unhinged energy to it at the very least.

Going by Shankar's previous bootleg shorts, I would expect the tone of Superfiend to be a little bonkers and perhaps quite removed from that of the comics. It certainly won't be to everyone's taste that's for sure, but keep in mind that it's essentially a fan project - before giving it a good slagging consider if you'd (publicly) say the same of, for example, someone's small press comic work or live action fan film.

Curious to see it, but more so for the other animation project - the one Flint, Burdis et al are working on. What they've released so far looks very promising.

Spikes

I cant get that teaser to play,  :(

Is it my crappy laptop, or has it been pulled for some reason?

Steve Green

Proudhuff

This will be filed with the IDW ongoing comic in my house. :thumbsdown:
DDT did a job on me