Main Menu

‘Dark Judges’ Online Miniseries

Started by JOE SOAP, 06 October, 2014, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

Quote from: Satanist on 24 October, 2014, 11:40:10 AM
I seem to remember it getting a bit heated on here a few years back when certain folk commented poorly on certain fanzines. Fanzines which unlike this video you are charged for.

I feel like this is an apples-to-oranges comparison, for reasons already stated, I don't see this as comparable to a fanzine in any way.

(though the framing of monsterous-for-profit-fanzines vs plucky-little-millionaire-who-could is amusing...)

-pj

Tiplodocus

Blimey! Profit/not for profit? Professional/veryrichfanmade? I'm all confused now.

How about if I watch it on something other than youtube and promise Not to enjoy it?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: pauljholden on 24 October, 2014, 12:04:25 PM
Quote from: Satanist on 24 October, 2014, 11:40:10 AM
I seem to remember it getting a bit heated on here a few years back when certain folk commented poorly on certain fanzines. Fanzines which unlike this video you are charged for.

I feel like this is an apples-to-oranges comparison, for reasons already stated, I don't see this as comparable to a fanzine in any way.

(though the framing of monsterous-for-profit-fanzines vs plucky-little-millionaire-who-could is amusing...)

-pj

You're obviously a stooge for big-fanzine!

Albion

I've heard that you need to get a 100000 hits on YouTube before you make any money.

There are people out there making a living off youtube apparently. Some of the gamers on there posting videos of hugely popular games like GTA V are getting well over a million views for just one video and they post a lot of them.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Satanist

I'm glad you find that amusing PJ as you made it all up in your own head. All I was stating is that one thing is free and the other expects me to put my hand in my pocket.

Yet its ok to say its shit to the free thing that hasnt been released yet (apparently because its made by a milliionare) but if I acted that way with a fanzine (not for profit and all for love) that I bought and read  then I would be called on it.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Spaceghost

OK. The minute Adi Shankar makes 1 cent of profit off this, everyone's allowed to say it's a big pile of fucking shit.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Satanist on 24 October, 2014, 12:44:20 PM
Yet its ok to say its shit to the free thing that hasnt been released yet (apparently because its made by a milliionare) but if I acted that way with a fanzine (not for profit and all for love) that I bought and read  then I would be called on it.

Reading comprehension really is a problem on this forum at times.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

The only person I know with ad revenue had a video in the million+ range and he was getting around 600 quid a year.

Trying to nail down how much something will earn seems to be pretty tricky, and I've read reports of ad revenue dropping severely.

Satanist

Quote from: Spaceghost on 24 October, 2014, 12:44:57 PM
OK. The minute Adi Shankar makes 1 cent of profit off this, everyone's allowed to say it's a big pile of fucking shit.

S'right!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Teivion

Well Bootleg is described as :

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bootleg

so at least its being honest.

Knowing how hard the Steve's worked on Minty to stay within Rebellions wishes I do wonder what Rebellion honestly think of this steamrolling in .

It looks mmm- 'OK' to me- certainly I will watch it - at least to see for starters.

Liking Deaths voice anyway.

And try seeing how many artists actually do draw a Bolland-ish Death side on and make him look half decent ;-)

But yeh- certain things could - and should- have been handled a llot better by someone who really should know better.....

pauljholden

I'm glad you find that amusing PJ as you made it all up in your own head.

I find most of my best jokes are.

All I was stating is that one thing is free and the other expects me to put my hand in my pocket.

I don't feel that just because something is fan-made* it's beyond criticism, but certainly, I'll weigh my criticism against the abilities of whoever is producing it. (but then I'm not someone who generally throws around the disclaimer "it's shit!" so maybe you're not really addressing me here.)

(*on that point, as I've stated already, I don't consider this fan-made. It's made by professionals in a semi-professional manner, the only difference is this hasn't had any sort of ok from the copyright holders. Bootleg is right)

In fact, I don't think I've expressed any opinion at all on the quality of the product, rather I've suggested that what they've done is endangered future work and products that 2000AD could be putting out there.

-pj

Teivion

I don't feel that just because something is fan-made* it's beyond criticism, but certainly, I'll weigh my criticism against the abilities of whoever is producing it. (but then I'm not someone who generally throws around the disclaimer "it's shit!" so maybe you're not really addressing me here.)

(*on that point, as I've stated already, I don't consider this fan-made. It's made by professionals in a semi-professional manner, the only difference is this hasn't had any sort of ok from the copyright holders. Bootleg is right)

In fact, I don't think I've expressed any opinion at all on the quality of the product, rather I've suggested that what they've done is endangered future work and products that 2000AD could be putting out there.

-pj
[/quote]

Can this be made a sticky for the thread ?

Ta.

Goaty

been re-watch the trailer, really enjoy it, so bring on 27th!

Dandontdare

That trailer looks like a whole heap o' fun. I wish we had cartoons like this on a Saturday morning when I was a kid. Can't wait!

shaolin_monkey

Is there anyone here NOT likely to watch it on the 27th?  Despite my reservations based on the full trailer (not that keen on the animation style, voices, etc), I'm still looking forward to it.