Main Menu

‘Dark Judges’ Online Miniseries

Started by JOE SOAP, 06 October, 2014, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

In his own words:

So you mention that this was an unauthorized version of the Dredd (universe). Even though you were a producer on the film, could you not get the rights? Or because of Bootleg Universe did you not want to get the rights? What happened there?

Well, I had a very specific vision and I just wanted to do it that way. I made this for the fans ... I wasn't trying to sell this to Netflix or anything.

Have you heard from the people who have the rights? Or is this a flying-under-the-radar type thing?

Can I plead the fifth? (laughs) I don't want to get sued but look: 2000AD (the publisher), they're cool. You know, to tell you the truth, one of the things that always bothered me about the Bootleg Universe in general was that I liked these things — I thought they were fun, but we live in this consumerist mosh pit where everything has to be about box office and monetization and opening weekend and it seems weird to me. There were all these news stories going around and after I would do one of these things it would be like, "Oh Adi Shankar makes a pitch to Marvel for another Punisher movie," and I'm like: "Fuck you, this is not a pitch! I just needed to make it."

http://newmediarockstars.com/2014/10/hollywood-producerfan-adi-shankar-brings-judge-dredd-to-youtube/

shaolin_monkey

It's interesting to see how this has polarised folk.  There's a real love/hate thang going on!

Goaty

Pete Wells

Erm... is it okay if I do another shit animated song for the message board advent calendar this year?

If any Judge Dredd animation is shit, it's those travesties!

Frank

Quote from: Pete Wells on 25 October, 2014, 10:28:32 AM
Erm... is it okay if I do another shit animated song for the message board advent calendar this year?

Looking forward to you finding a rhyme for Adi Shankar.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Bat King

I will be watching this late on 27th I think cos my son is treating me to a home cooked meal at his future Mother-in-Law's (he is house sitting while they are in Florida).

So there will be an internet blackout my side so I see it before people tell me it is dis or dat.

I will make my mind up fully when I see it but I think the style could work.  Either way I will give a review.  Usually I only review what I like but in this case I will review, constructively, whether I think it is goid oe not.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Dash Decent

That part with Mean Machine setting his dial really puts me in mind of the Sex Pistols animations used in the Great Rock n Roll Swindle.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Spikes

Quote from: Dash Decent on 26 October, 2014, 11:00:26 AM
That part with Mean Machine setting his dial really puts me in mind of the Sex Pistols animations used in the Great Rock n Roll Swindle.

Me too.

Spaceghost

Quote from: Spikes on 26 October, 2014, 02:23:29 PM

Me too.

Yep. As I said, very reminiscent of the Captain Kremmen cartoons by Cosgrove Hall, who also did the animation for the Great Rock n Roll Swindle. And Dangermouse.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

SuperSurfer

Only just seen the trailer. Very impressed. I think it has some of the anarchy of 2000AD.

Hold onto your seats those who are putting together the other Dredd animation.

Frank

Quote from: Spaceghost on 26 October, 2014, 03:02:14 PM
Cosgrove Hall ... did the animation for the Great Rock n Roll Swindle. And Dangermouse.

That's the single fact I'll take away from an entire weekend of reading.

Bubba Zebill

Exactly!
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Apestrife

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 26 October, 2014, 03:32:05 PM
Only just seen the trailer. Very impressed. I think it has some of the anarchy of 2000AD.

Hold onto your seats those who are putting together the other Dredd animation.

Have there been any updates on the other Dredd-animation project lately? I only remember some talks about a team being put together, but not much more than that.

Theblazeuk

In a sane world, a Marvel exec would have looked at Dirty Laundry and gone "Ohhhhh.... that's how we should have done it all along!"